Windscreen issue 121

private mw

But wouldn't that require a drop of fuel in Jack's wagon to negotiate a puddle of that size?

By the way, does anyone know the chap (Phil Plumb) that wrote those 15 pages of write-up's on events that he has attended - I quite enjoyed them!

In my last communication with the Windscreen editor over 12 months ago, I was told that article's submitted by members would only be allocated a maximum of 5 pages. I am therefore wondering if they are now getting a bit short of voluntarily submitted material and are happy to overlook this previous ruling in the interests of filling the pages.

I wouldn't mind, but it makes a bit of a mockery when one individual can take up 15 pages of the magazine, (irrespective of how good or bad it is), but Area Secretaries are ordered to write no-more than 900 words or 600 words and one photograph to detail half a rally seasons activities - Hence the reason why I tend not to bother doing an Area Report unless I feel particularly inclinded.

This isn't a criticism of Phil Plumb's worthy efforts, just an observation about a possible 'one-rule-for-one' scenario.

Excellent Calendar produced by Peter Hamblin by the way.

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)

Great bloke was responsable for a lot of the hard work that went into all those champs going to Germany.Was at the Plains last year,Brooklands last week.Was responsable for the Oshkosh being at Kemble.A Doer not a talker.And i think your right the magazine can do with what ever they can get at the moment,i just think its funny its swamped with champs:rofl:well done Phill.

philplumb0002.jpg

I am therefore wondering if they are now getting a bit short of voluntarily submitted material

Don't think so Clive. I had some photos for Geoff Fletcher which were held over & a large article. I don't mind if it means the article doesn't have to get squashed or edited, given that it took 110 hours to write, as well as visits to 2 military museums & nearly a week just to produce just 2 diagrams (you'll understand when you see it)

Edited by fv1609

In my last communication with the Windscreen editor over 12 months ago, I was told that article's submitted by members would only be allocated a maximum of 5 pages. I am therefore wondering if they are now getting a bit short of voluntarily submitted material and are happy to overlook this previous ruling in the interests of filling the pages.

When I was Editor of 'Windscreen' it was always a problem getting articles for the magazine, and I had to ask people to write things, such as show reports, and I took the photos. If the current Editor can turn articles away, then I would be very jealous.

I remember that you were the Windscreen editor when our family first became involved in the MVT in 1989. The magazine was A5 size and compact enough to fit into my school bag, alongside my books, without the pages getting nurled.......!

Back then, as now, the Area Reports were a major part of the 'club journal feel' about the magazine. I well remember Chris Wilkinson as Editor in later years devoting a complete page of the magazine to one sentence in bold print - THIS PAGE COULD HAVE BEEN USED FOR THE 28 AREA REPORTS THAT I NEVER RECEIVED!

How times have changed.

Have met Phil at a couple of events this year, nice bloke, and he has ideas/plans/hopes for more shows which he spoke of at Rita and Pete`s meet.

Ashley

P.S. a picture of champs....... and no Chris G in sight ???must be a first !

:cool2: It will be there :sweat:

Well - IF it makes it Jack you can take comfort from the fact there will be at least one Stalwart there with experience in recovery of WW2 vehicles from muddy scenarios to tow you off when either the fuel or the electrons decide to run away and hide again... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

(sorry mate - couldn't resist that one!!!)

Have met Phil at a couple of events this year, nice bloke, and he has ideas/plans/hopes for more shows which he spoke of at Rita and Pete`s meet.

Ashley

P.S. a picture of champs....... and no Chris G in sight ???must be a first !

Page 88 & 89 I'll have to loose weight or hold it all in:rofl: