youngguns explorer blog

younggun

• Replies 858
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D Bet you've been smiling ever since!
What do you mean smiling? He looks like the grumpiest Scammell owner i've ever seen:embarrassed: Are you missing the Meadows already:cool2: got a face like thunder in most of the vid>:( That Jake Brake of yours....how many settings has it got of is it just full on or off. some have different degrees of braking. Looking good though, Can't wait for some on road footage Hopefully we will be able to here it over oldguns whistling:D

What do you mean smiling? He looks like the grumpiest Scammell owner i've ever seen:embarrassed: Are you missing the Meadows already:cool2: got a face like thunder in most of the vid>:( That Jake Brake of yours....how many settings has it got of is it just full on or off. some have different degrees of braking. Looking good though, Can't wait for some on road footage Hopefully we will be able to here it over oldguns whistling:D

oh trust me i was smileing :D got that stupid grin back on my face only driveing an explorer can give u ,:D

i will give do a better vid of the jake brake when its got a silencer on was rearly to noisy to do it properly yesterday . it has two settings hige and low low setting the jake brake only operates on 3 cylenders and on highe all 6 .

yea the whistling is a feture of most of oldguns vids as many may have noticed :D

Nothing really...Its just got no lineing left on it. I was going to get it done when i looked at the rear brakes an hub seals but the brakes were like new so i never sent them off. Now it just keeps slipping down the list of things to do. You want to have a go at gear shifting on the jake brake instead of the clutch brake, It souds great.....

How's the compressor on the cummins? Does it keep up with the steering ok when your shunting round? It looked a tad smaller than the huge motor bike engine bolted to the meadows> Oh and what happened to the drivers windscreen?

How's the compressor on the cummins? Does it keep up with the steering ok when your shunting round? It looked a tad smaller than the huge motor bike engine bolted to the meadows> Oh and what happened to the drivers windscreen?

the compressor keeps up fine no propblems at all with that . dont mention the windscreen i was haveing a bad day lifting the engnine in :mad:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

just a short clip of me playing at dorset .

sorry i havent been very active on here latly but i would just like to say a thank u to all the people on the forum who followd this thread and gave me tips and advice on the best way to compleat the engine swap allso a big thanks to gritineye ( bernard ) for the many emalis which helped me get back on track when i thort all was lost . i would not have made it to dorset this year without the help from bernard and others .

nick / younggun

Edited by younggun