Dodge WC55 pictures wanted

Joris

Wanted, pictures of the Dodge WC 55 with 37mm cannon in the back. A mate of mine is restoring one and needs pictures of the machine. If anybody knows of a museum that has one of them and is able to go over and visit then please let me know!

Hi Joris,

Please see attached picture re WC55. I will look through my other pics to see what other ones i have.

Tell me more about your friends Dodge and what he is going to do.

What stage is he up to with the build.

Any pics to show.

Do you know the serial number and is this from the batch of 5380 that were made.

Regards

Ken

DODGE WC55.jpg

Yeah a guy in Oosterbeek has one of these but the cannon is not entirely accurate.

He's got a WC55, 99% restored and is now working on the cannon. It will be a reproduction since a complete 37mm is almost impossible to find. A guy in the states is doing repros but he won't ship abroad. He already has some parts of the cannon but not everything so he's looking for detailled pictures of nearly everything on the gun mount and shield.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi

I've just recently found out that my WC52 was a WC55 in another life. the chassis no. is 31581344 and it was built on the 25 June 1942 (almost happy birthday) it has a plate bolted to each side of the chassis behind the rear wheels going up to the floor which must have supported the gun mounting. Not sure whether I should attempt to restore it back to a WC55 or not, any views on this welcome.

Hi

I've just recently found out that my WC52 was a WC55 in another life. the chassis no. is 31581344 and it was built on the 25 June 1942 (almost happy birthday) it has a plate bolted to each side of the chassis behind the rear wheels going up to the floor which must have supported the gun mounting. Not sure whether I should attempt to restore it back to a WC55 or not, any views on this welcome.

Hello Captain Classic, i have just look at my pics and and noted it was your Dodge at Waltham Abbey show. Yes its a WC55 its only the 3rd genuine one i know of in the UK.

Regards

Ken

HI Ken was it you who spoke to me at the Mill? and Tony

The old girls running well at the moment I hope to take it to Hylands Park next Sunday.

I sent off and recieved a copy of the build card and also a friend has e mailed me a copy of the WC55 blueprint, though the build card dosen't say WC55 anywhere some of the numbers on it seem to tie up with numbers on the blueprint.

Whether I totaly restore it and try to fit a gun, real or replica I dont know yet. would like to know what other WC55 owners are doing or think.

regards George

Hi George, yes it was me. Good to see you on here. Very nice Dodge you have, glad to hear she is running well. I will have to send of for my build card now.

Going off topic now... Like to add pleasure to meet you Tony in France. Great display and thanks again for your advice re my Dodge.

Regards

Ken

HI Ken was it you who spoke to me at the Mill? and Tony

The old girls running well at the moment I hope to take it to Hylands Park next Sunday.

I sent off and recieved a copy of the build card and also a friend has e mailed me a copy of the WC55 blueprint, though the build card dosen't say WC55 anywhere some of the numbers on it seem to tie up with numbers on the blueprint.

Whether I totaly restore it and try to fit a gun, real or replica I dont know yet. would like to know what other WC55 owners are doing or think.

regards George

• 4 weeks later...

This thread makes me feel quite nostalgic..i used to own a WC52 which was a WC55 in previous life chassis number 81529098.....the 98th one off of the production line...Ex Norway and still had all the early features and re enforcing plates on the chassis......:-(

Sold to a very good friend of mine from Worcester so she is still around..:-)

regards

Lloyd

• 2 weeks later...