BST Ends....

Marmite!!

Don't forget to alter your clocks as BST ends at 2am today...
I know it flippin ended, must have stopped the world with a jolt! I came to at 2.30am to hear movement in the kitchen, I went to investigate and found my eldest making his breakfast :shocked: well I dont like to see food wasted, so made him eat it then go back to bed, which he did for 2 hours :argh::argh::argh: so I have been awake since 4.30 which was then turned into 3.30!!!!!!!!!

To give him the benifit of the doubt, it is his birthday party today so I suppose he is excited!!!!!!

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)

I allways have two clocks in my room.one is right and one is wrong.then the clock change arrives,and the one that is right is now wrong,and the one that was wrong is now right,trouble is i allways look at the one thats wrong,whot day is it anyway?:confused:

I allways have two clocks in my room.one is right and one is wrong.then the clock change arrives,and the one that is right is now wrong,and the one that was wrong is now right,trouble is i allways look at the one thats wrong,whot day is it anyway?:confused:

I find it worse than jetlag, going to be messed up for the week now :(

I always seemed to be Guard Commander the night the clocks changed. In the Spring we'd get an extra hour on stag; in the Autumn we had an hour's less sleep. I always made a point of making an entry in the Occurrences Book (the top of each page inside described it as the Occurences Book):

"0200 reset the Guard Room clock to (whatever time)." Saved any argument with the RSM afterward about what time subsequent events happened.

In Paderborn, the Master Chef had the bright idea of introducing Brunch on a Saturday and a Sunday. Although we paid (by direct deduction at source) for three meals a day, seven days a week, it was extremely inefficient if only a handful of people on duty turned up for breakfast at the weekend.

That said, Brunch was still divided into Breakfast and Lunch - the cooks simply stopped doing a full English Breakfast and removed the cereal and started doing more lunchy meals - and clock-change Sunday always saw somebody roll in for Breakfast at lunchtime or vice-versa. These people were probably lucky they were not on Guard as they'd probably have rolled up an hour late for Guard Mount. Extras, extras, read all about it.

Last week I was on a boat going to Spain. We had to put the clocks forward 1 hour as Spain was on European time and UK was on BST. 2 days later, we went to Guernsey and they had just gone from BST to GMT so we had to go back 2 hours. Think I am getting used to it now......

The cuurent discusion in the Island's is wether to go to European time. just when you thought it was safe to go visiting. :-D

I wish the UK would go to European time - more lighter evenings. I know it's darker in the mornings, but I think the lighter evenings are worth it - more chance to play with my MV.

I remember one year the UK stayed at BST for a Winter. Could we do this again or am I veering into Politics?

In the late 60s or early 70s the UK spent about three years on "British Standard Time," another name for British Summer Time.

What grates with me is that the rest of the world have decided that GMT is whatever the time is in Greenwich, and if it happens not to be Time Zone Zulu, it must be GMT Daylight Saving Time. Screwed up? Not half.

Don't mention the French!! They got the right hump because Greenwich was chosen as the prime meridain, for many years they sulked and stuck to the Paris Meridian, I belive the decider was that the Britsh Admiralty charts were far superior to anything else, and were all based on Greenwhich. Anyway is it not Universal Time Constant (UTC) now? There is a slight diffrence from Greenwich but the plebs like us would never notice.

Don't mention the French!! They got the right hump because Greenwich was chosen as the prime meridain, for many years they sulked and stuck to the Paris Meridian, I belive the decider was that the Britsh Admiralty charts were far superior to anything else, and were all based on Greenwhich. Anyway is it not Universal Time Constant (UTC) now? There is a slight diffrence from Greenwich but the plebs like us would never notice.

Yes indeed.

If you read 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea, you'll note that Jules Verne always used longitude east or west of Paris.

Of course the Americans now use all their time based on US nautical data. Soon enough they'll feel brave enough to unilaterally move the datum point to the USA.