FRANCE BANS MILITARY VEHICLES

Mark

Thanks Mark,

So it's one of those sorts of bans!

It's a bit like the horse passports that where introduced a few years ago. It's now illegal to own a horse if it hasn't got a passport, failure to do so will result in fines of up to something stupid into the £1000's!

Regards

Richard

Agree with you there Richard................we refuse to pay for such rubbish and we haven't got one and never will, well, until i get taken to court :twisted:

Is it ironic that the country that started this topic is probably one of those that was indirectly responsible for Horse passports. One of the reasons they were introduced was to ensure horses that had been treated with certain drugs didnt get into the food chain. Funny how these topics sort of turn in on themselves.

None of ours have passports there shetlands and havnt considered leaving the GB

Hi All

remember we are all a minority and we continue to remind of a part of history many of our politicians and others in positions of power would like forgotten or parcelled up into a nice yearly ceremony (possibly incorporating mcdonalds and american cinema so the facts are correct!!)so they can get on with the future and draw to a close old wounds ie the French and Germans who are now the beat of chums

Daft you say make a coffee or have a scotch and think it over.....

Jerry sorry politically incorrect but happy

I agree, the Government's want us all to forget that wars ever happened.

Take the present Gulf War, whether you agree with it or not, 100 soldiers that have been killed already. Killed serving this country! While their families will never forget the sacrifice they made, in time the general public will.

In ,say, 10 years time what will there be to remind them. Only the vehicles from the war which would then be in private ownership will remain. Hopefully if we can still own and use Military Vehicles the soldiers who used them will never been forgotten.

Regards

Richard

• 3 weeks later...

OK Update on MV Ban in France;

According to one of our board members of IMPS, he went to France and met with the top frenchman in the MV over there and came back with I quote "If you go over there with a club or a special do like Tanks in Mons or Bethune, then you will be issued with a special permit allowing you to take your MV, if you go on your own, then you will lose it" unquote :cry:

So as it stands, make sure that any trips are properly organised through a club and get the correct permit or lose a lot of money.

I hope this is clearer for now, if I get anymore info I will pass it on :)

Going back to what 79X100 mentioned about declaring his balls on entry into France - surely this is the answer - every small item that a French MV owner or militaria collector buys or sells should be declared to the authorities. I have visions of a queue of people forming from the front desk out the door of the Police station and down the front steps! That's the tactic I would use if they ever dared to introduce such useless legislation in the UK.

But don't worry it will never happen here - we make our own laws and any EU directive can only become law in the UK once it's debated in the House of Commons and the House of Lords - and then passed as an Act of Parliament - well I think that's what John Major promised and what Tony Blair delivered, following the Maastricht Treaty! Sadly if you believe that you must be barking (For Maastricht Treaty read Mass Trickery!)

On second thoughts be afraid - very afraid and think of emigrating now to a land where people's freedom is taken seriously! I'm off to Kansas

But don't worry it will never happen here - we make our own laws and any EU directive can only become law in the UK once it's debated in the House of Commons and the House of Lords - and then passed as an Act of Parliament - well I think that's what John Major promised and what Tony Blair delivered, following the Maastricht Treaty! Sadly if you believe that you must be barking (For Maastricht Treaty read Mass Trickery!)

Yeah right........ Well - the bad news for Phony Tony and his cronies is that the economic version of WW2 never finished and thanks to these <censoreds? we're losing it!!! Heads of my employers in the US decided we need to lose x numder of heads in the UK & Germany - UK meets it's target, Germany fails to get as close as 2% of their target so what do the yanks do??? Well - it isn't kick German butts - they look at the social treaties and find they can't pressurize the Germans 'cos the bit of paper Phony Tony refused to sign protects them - but we're out in the open so we get hammered again. In 4 years or less our entire manufacturing operation will be out of the UK and based in the Fatherland. :x:x

Back on-topic - if B Liar thinks he'll make brownie points with the French and German Gov'ts then a similar ban will follow as sure as night follows day and without ANY consultation - if necessary using the Parliament Act to force the legislation through undemocratically.

Had an update on the French MV situation yesterday, from a client who is a member of one of the major French mv clubs and keeps a number of mv's in the country. Apparantly, the latest is that jeeps, motorcycles, trucks, are safe.......providing you do not have any form of gun mount on them. This is a warning for anyone thinking of taking a MV over to France. He said that for example, a GMC with the ring gun mount is one that would fall foul of the French laws. All armour is banned and that includes vehicles like a Dingo or Ferret. Obviously more to come on this.

This all comes from a law that came into being in 1939, to stop French citizens from holding military equipment and siding with the Germans. It would not have been until the more recent times when someone realised that a small number of the French public had items that contravened this outdated law, then started the ball rolling.

Richard