Gunboat engine rebuild (again)

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)

:rofl::rofl::rofl:what a great idea,any one know any more about them?

They are propulsion units for Heavy Ferry by look of it. These may be later versions. The original ones were powered by Rolls B80 engines and were just a gigantic outboard. A number were sold of some years ago and a dealer bought them and stripped for engine parts.

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not completely worn out just yet :)

Maybe get round to taking that pump out this wk end and check it.

Bad weather forecast so i may not go get fed up with the journey

driving back in the dark.I want to do a fuel quantity test on a couple of pumps to get an average figure see if the bad one has more fuel,got to be carefull it doest start on 4cyl.also oil squirting from the cam feed hole in the block as the head is off.Cant win can you.:nono:

They are propulsion units for Heavy Ferry by look of it. These may be later versions. The original ones were powered by Rolls B80 engines and were just a gigantic outboard. A number were sold of some years ago and a dealer bought them and stripped for engine parts.

Sykes Hydro Master Diesel Marine Propulsion Unit in Whithams latest tender mate ! Sorry for cheek !:cool2:

9.jpg

Guess i beter stick with the cats.But if the engines are diesel and can be marinised would make a cheap engine replacement job.

• 3 weeks later...
There's one of these ferry propulsion units on Milweb (spares and accessories), with new/recon B80 engine - Royal Engineers museum, Rochester.

Cheers will have a look.On boat this wk end so may have more news monday.

Bet that saw was warm the speed you cut through that handle!

Take it you can't run the bilge pumps with the engine out of action?

Judging by the fact that the boat isn't underwater I assume it didn't happen before you got there?

So what's the full story?

So what's the full story?

CW "Ere PW, I've found a bit of that yellow metal, I'll whip it out and get a bob or two from the scrappy up the road"

PW "Leave it you silly old bu$$er, you don't know what you're doing, ask an engineer"

CW "Nah, it'll be all right, it doesn't do anything important"........."Oh bu$$er......"

At this point the sensible PW whaps CW over the head with the deck broom so hard that the handle breaks.

CW grabs the broken handle and gets up to chase PW round the poop deck, but is so shakey that he falls back over and the bit of handle gets wedged into the hole recently vacated by the large plug.

Lucky old so-and-so or what?

Andy, how about one called "Daisy Pulls" ? :cool2:

If I get banned you're in big trouble......

Off topic:nono: