Runflat insert removal

Adam Elkins

Question

17 answers to this question

I used one metre bars to remove it and a bottle jack to push it in after new tube fitted ! My mate had one done at a commercial tyre fitters and after giving it the big un and saying of course we can do it ! It took three of them to do it and they told him not to bring anymore to them ! :-D Hopefully no blood or tears Adam but lots of sweat ! Good luck !

staying with the theme of runflats,.............I've picked up a wheel for my Bedford, with knackered 900x16 tyre which has a funflat insert,................am I right in thinking I can use rim without runflat and a normal tubed tyre ??

Andy

Think so all you need is a rubber band around the rim, to stop the tube rubbing.

staying with the theme of runflats,.............I've picked up a wheel for my Bedford, with knackered 900x16 tyre which has a funflat insert,................am I right in thinking I can use rim without runflat and a normal tubed tyre ??

Andy

Seeing as its been impossible to get the insert out of my Fox tyres I'm now running on tubes & flaps...