Fv 434

Metroman

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is going a bit off topic... but nope, no big garden and no shed either. We do have a couple stored on a farm now, going to put the Sabre there too. Most of our restorations are done on the drive, you just need to be creative with the parking arrangements!

Chris

drive.jpg

This is going a bit off topic... but nope, no big garden and no shed either. We do have a couple stored on a farm now, going to put the Sabre there too. Most of our restorations are done on the drive, you just need to be creative with the parking arrangements!

Chris

Do you have BIG drip trays :yay:

Well, there's a turn up for the books, 434 is being delivered on Wednesday (film footage to follow) & the Daf is being collected the same day, RESULT.

432 Mark has offered to drive the 434 form delivery point to the house - when shall I tell him the lane is a large foot path :rofl:, again pictures to follow.

Copious amounts of tea & stuff!

I'm prepared just in case the locals are out.

:-D

Edited by Marmite!!
Photo removed, Copyright eBay

i would love a tracked vehicle but dont have no land or storage area to keep and run one ...good luck and enjoy..:)

Don't let land or storage stop you. Like Sirhc stuffem up your drive and let the neighbours whinge!

Works well enough for me, sometimes gets a bit boring having to move 3 vehicles to get to the one I want though :shocked:

Well, there's a turn up for the books, 434 is being delivered on Wednesday (film footage to follow) & the Daf is being collected the same day, RESULT.

432 Mark has offered to drive the 434 form delivery point to the house - when shall I tell him the lane is a large foot path :rofl:, again pictures to follow.

Copious amounts of tea & stuff!

I'm prepared just in case the locals are out.

:-D

Excellent news Phil -

Just let me know time and where to be on Wednesday.

Markheliops

sometimes gets a bit boring having to move 3 vehicles to get to the one I want though :shocked:

Just like real life. As a Recce Regt on CVR(T)s, we could park something four vehicles in the area required for one Chieftain.

In Command Troop hangars our Saracen (later Sultan) ACVs had to be parked side by side one inch apart in order to get everything (three ACVs, four FSCs and two LRs) in and still have room to get around the outside of them (walking by the walls and between front / back of vehicles). Having got on top we could walk from front to back of hangar without touching the ground.

H&S would have a fit. Never mind how we walked across them in total blackness under the cam nets in the woods. That's something I never saw: training recruits on a high-level confidence (ropes, nets, walkways, etc) area in the dark. Just what the RAC need.

Turret Totty is probably still swinging from one of the overhanging branches! :D

Nice bit of precision driving between those gate posts Mark.

Yes - it was a tad tight in places.

Phil said it was tight - he forgot to mention it was Anorexic.

I think the 434 just needs a damn good greasing but apart from that - it runs very well. New track pads need fitting - included in the sale. I was surprised how quickly it acelerated.

Well, I hope Phil has fun with it - but no top turret totty - he's married.

Markheliops

ITS ARRIVED :yay:

Many thanks to Mark for delivering the 434 from the drop off point to home. Detailed pictures to follow at the weekend.

DSCF0001

..& arrival at home.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/phil-g/2781464037/

Congrats on the new purchaase sir!! Sorry this is a bit late but we only got back home today.. :)

Hope you have a lot of fun with it and hopefully see you at one of the shows next year..