Rotinoffs

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rotinoff-Zaglav.jpg

This I beleive to be Walker Machinery again, though for all the world it could be Swiss Army...

I don't think this is taken at Walkers, I'm sure he didn't buy any of the trailers.

It looks like the one preserved in Switzerland.

Schlepper Rotinoff Super Atlantic GR. 7 (6 x 4)

bild069.jpgRotinoff_3.JPG

Tony Jordans GR7 is still unsold, and as far as I know is also still dead. He chewed up the shaft in the third diff on the way back from Belvoir Castle this year, but still hoped the Rotty would reach the £15,000 reserve he set for it in his recent auction. It didn't, not by a long way. The last I was told is he plans to put an Antar axle in as a replacement (although the ratios are different.) If you are thinking about buying it, think long and hard about what you are getting! It sounds like a recipe for trouble to me!

Edited by antarmike

Tony Jordans GR7 is still unsold, and as far as I know is also still dead. He chewed up the shaft in the third diff on the way back from Belvoir Castle this year, but still hoped the Rotty would reach the £15,000 reserve he set for it in his recent auction. It didn't, not by a long way. The last I was told is he plans to put an Antar axle in as a replacement (although the ratios are different.) If you are thinking about buying it, think long and hard about what you are getting! It sounds like a recipe for trouble to me!

Sounds like a recipe for financial suicide!!!

Probably a dumb question - but why doesn't he source a replacement Rotty axle with the right ratios?? He might get a lot nearer the price he wanted then....

only about 41 rotties everbuilt, only a few survive. none are available for breaking. They use Kirkstall Forge Axles which were once very polular for large dump trucks and mobile cranes. any available spare has already been used.

Dave weedon had a brand new shaft made when his went. He has offered Tony engineering drawings and company contacts for the engineers who remade his, but Tony doesn't want to go that route apparently...

Edited by antarmike

Dave weedon had a brand new shaft made when his went. He has offered Tony engineering drawings and company contacts for the engineers who remade his, but Tony doesn't want to go that route apparently...

Surely the cost of a replacement (and incorrect) Antar axle must be close to the cost of a re-manufactured shaft? Unless you've got the axle lying around doing nothing.

I thought you meant the rear diff had gone, at first, that would have made it expensive to repair!

only about 41 rotties everbuilt, only a few survive. none are available for breaking. They use Kirkstall Forge Axles which were once very polular for large dump trucks and mobile cranes. any available spare has already been used.

Thanks Mike, I never realized production figures were that low.....

Purely a personal view here - but I would have jumped at the chance to have the shaft made and use the original axle. And it sounds like some enterprising engineering firm could set up a nice by-line in manufacturing such parts as required!!!