Iltis photo gallery

Rick W

Looking into it, there are various weapon choices for the Iltis.

The following show the Belgian(?) Para recce group. They mount an FN MAG in the front and one rearward facing one. Can someone tell me what an FN MAG is? And if anyone has an idea where I might be able to get my hands on a mount and deac or replica?

Recce_Iltis_Bombardier_jeep_Belg-1.jpg

Recce_Iltis_Bombardier_jeep_Belgian.jpg

be_iltis_8.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I did find a snap on the web of a Canadian Iltis with a TOW or Milan post mounted on the roll frame. It had storage for replacement tubes on the back and GPMG mounted for the front passenger. A brutal and slightly heath-robinson looking thing. I harboured ridiculous notions of making FDE look like it. I never actually made FDE look like FDE. Good luck!

MB

• 5 months later...
A couple of prints that may interest the Iltis owners, the first a factory shot and the second although not the best quality in service with the British Military Police in Germany

Part of the Berlin brigade.

Ashley

• 3 weeks later...
I think the Belgian ones are Bombardier, not VW. The GPMG types might show up at Beltring. The Canadians also mounted a MILAN post on theirs with spare tubes in the back behind the seat.

Indeed the Belgian Iltis is officialy a Bombardier build by Vw at the Vorst plant, politics you know. If you look at the pictures of the Belgian recce team, you can see that the rear Iltis has the Milan in traveling position so has the one in front, second picture the same.

When in use the milan is on its support on top of the roll cage

http://armesetmunitions.skyrock.com/ the thirth picture gives a idee how it is.

Michel

Can someone tell me what an FN MAG is? And if anyone has an idea where I might be able to get my hands on a mount and deac or replica?

FN is the manufacturer: Fabrique Nationale. They are based in Herstal (in Belgium) and were responsible for, amongst other things, the FAL and the MAG. Both were license-built in Britain, the FAL as the L1A1 (SLR) and the MAG (as previously mentioned) as the L7A2 (GPMG).