If Churchill had the A bomb.....

Jack

I think it would have depended on what stage of the war the weapon was available. If say late 1941 early 1942, yes it could have been on the cards. By the time it was available I think he would have considiered that the collateral damge caused to Allied countries and forces would have been to great. (Mind you if De Gaulle was known to be at ground zero, he may have said S** it)

Quite possibly if the landings at Normandy had been repulsed; I'm thinking.

It would certainly have been the last step,............when you read through his writings, he was very concious of trying to preserve his forces lives,......something which harked back to the Gallipoli campaign.

Quite possibly if the landings at Normandy had been repulsed; I'm thinking.

It would certainly have been the last step,............when you read through his writings, he was very concious of trying to preserve his forces lives,......something which harked back to the Gallipoli campaign.

Hmmm - perhaps a lesson his successors today could do well to learn/emulate!!!

Hmmm - perhaps a lesson his successors today could do well to learn/emulate!!!

True, but then, he had served in the forces, whereas the likes of those in positions of power haven't.

Still think that if the 'decision makers, and button pushers', knew THEY would have to 'grab a rifle and get dirty'.....a more peacable solution would be looked for.

Edited by LeeEnfield
rearanged thread entry

Remember the old Record 'Two tribes to go to War'? The vidio of Ragun and the Russian guy fighting? Any way back to subject, considering the efforts that went into sabotaging the Third Reich's atomic proggramme, Telemark etc. If that proggrame has shown signs of succes,then presumably if the Allies had won the race there would have been a hell of a lot of first use presure. Wasn't there also development of a V rocket designed to carry just such a device to the USA?