Film memorabilia......

Jack

Right oh, who has any film memorabilia?

Doesn't have to be war related 8) .......

I will start 8) my eldest daughter has the shirt that was worn by Doc Roe in Band of Brothers and my middle one has the collar badges worn by George Luz in the same film :shock:

Not quite. I failed an audition as an extra for a Norman Wisdom film, but did watch Normans stuntman drive a double decker bus into the River Teign.

I did drive & use the Hornet in a Services Sound & Vision Corporation film made for the Army on the history of Anti-Tank Guided Weapons. The thing that intrigued me most was the director who nipped out to the shops. He came back with a can of black paint, some fire lighters, a large pot of glue and a rubber mat. He cut the mat into strips, wrapped them around the firelighters, stuffed these between the tracks of a nearby tank, poured the glue all over, sprayed the paint all around, then set fire to it.

When enough acrid black smoke had built up, I had to drive the Hornet beside it, stop, let the commentator out & raise my missiles. Took several takes & we nearly ran out of acrid smoke. But what they couldn't grasp was that the missile hydraulics only work when the vehicle has stopped so I was a bit slow off the draw to their liking.

I don't think the Tank Museum were very pleased about what was done to their tank :evil:

Hi,

If you go to coalhouse fort in essex you will see a couple of film stars that appeared in the new batman film,they are a bedford QL and a WOT 6!

The first 3 mins of the film where filmed there,it was the prison camp in which he was imprisoned.also the steel barriers which are actually MDF.

They are on the website:http://www.coalhousefort.co.uk

Thanks for the link to the coalhouse fort, got led astray a bit & it took me to the Gary Numan site. Nice to know he's still around. Saw him at an Army Airday show when he flew in. I was nosing around where I shouldn't have been, just taking pictures of army trailers & found Gary having a drink in the pilots beer tent. :? Got a picture somewhere.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I have a 1950's Ural motorcycle and sidecar combo which was used in the series Band Of Brothers, it can with all the documents and one of the cast's Autograph (the man that played Capt Winters I think), I am restoring it at the moment "well its in bit anyway".

Thanks.

Tyler.

• 3 years later...

I had a metal cast mp40, a 3.03 and a Garand from Bridge Too Far

"Hail Mary full o' grace Hail Mary full o' grace Hail Mary full o' grace"

My brother had a replica Luger he was given from an actor in one of the Guns of Navarone films

I had Alton Moores webbing and front seam D-Bale helmet from BoB (the guy who ended up with Hitlers photo album in the series)

I've got an original cinema (Lowestoft) poster for the first Muppet Movie

:banana:

:rofl:

Did get olive drab paint on my hands once whilst pushing one of the dakota s out of the hangars at blackpool airport for filming the series Airline(1982 yorkshire tv).Unfortunately they been washed since!!!.......:cool2:

I have a fibreglass Garand from Saving Private Ryan. Might sell it if anyone wants to make an offer.

Tim (too)

I am not very sure about price. let me take some photos of it. It is not in very good condition. Some silly so and so tried to cock it and then found that as it was not real it wouldnt and broke it. The it probably got dropped as the end of the barrel got broken off and was reglued. My mate who was in the movie said that they repainted the weapons every night as the paint wore off very quickly. It does have an original leather sling though.

Tim (too)

:rofl:

Did get olive drab paint on my hands once whilst pushing one of the dakota s out of the hangars at blackpool airport for filming the series Airline(1982 yorkshire tv).Unfortunately they been washed since!!!.......:cool2:

Wasn't that an ex British Airways Pionair?

Was behind the cameras (horse work) for Force Ten from Navarone. Got a pair of gloves from the English Civil War series By the Sword Divided.

S*D the rifles!! Did You get the Mauser 1898! :nut:

No, but I did hear a story about it. When the film was in production, the producer bought a Mauser at Auction, supposedly Churchill's gun. The producer paid twice what the gun was worth and this was well publicised in the press. When asked why he paid so much money over the odds, he said that for the publicity it generated for the film, it was cheap.

I got hold of a bunch of items out of Saving Private Ryan in 1999 from At The Front, just as they started selling the stuff from the movie. Mostly medic's items; helmets, medic's yokes, medic's bags, 2 sets of HBT's, M41 jackets (5), water bottles (4) 1 was used by Van Diesel's character, rough outs and regular boots, rubber Garand, etc. etc. Basically enough items to dress up two G.I.s, one of which a medic.

I knew a guy that worked for ATF at the time and he came over to Sweden to study. He was kind enough to bring all my stuff over himself so I didn't have to pay for shipping!

The guy died some years ago, aged 20, from an aneurysm in the brain going home from work. He had donated his organs so 4 people could live on because of him. - Have you signed a donation card??? I have.

The picture shows some of the items on my mannequinn, Manny Quinn (:-). Yes, he is very sloppily dressed, and he's missing the right boot. This uniform was part of its second movie, "Luck is not an option at Monte Castello" a short film (5 min) about a medic of the Brazilian Expeditionary Force. Hence the 5th Army patch on his right sleeve, and the BEF Cobra patch on his left. The film was shot on June 7th at Colleville sur Mere in Normandy, the surroundings disguised to look like Monte Castello in Italy in November 1944. My Dodge WC51, marked as an BEF ambulance plays an important role in the film.

Goran N

Medic Manny Quinn FEB.jpg

Luch filming_MG_5897.jpg