from graham long 44k6

HotBed

wot o to all, firstly i would like to apologize for the lateness of this message as i have already posted some replys and i did not know there was a place for introducing your self, i have only had a computer for a couple of months. so a little about myself, i am 41 and was brought up on a small dairy farm near heathfield east sussex. i have worked in agricultural contracting for 21 years until 2 years ago when i decided i had had enough and retrained as a floor and wall tiler and help a friend out building and landscaping.

i have a lovely wife tammy and 2 year old daughter. i have wanted a willys jeep since i was 4 in hospital having my tonsels out when mum and dad brought a toy one in for me, 4 years ago i brought a real one, a hotchkiss m201 and then a trailer to go with it 2 years later i wanted a lorry, a british one, and after a short wait an austin k6 gantry came along and i brought it. i also belong to the easy company living history group. if you want to know any more just ask

regards graham

Apart from why a Jeep not a Dodge? Welcome to the mad house. The gantary may well be in demand changing disiel engines.

i nearly brought a weapons carrier but the wife did t like the look of it

graham

hello Graham & welcome, I would be interested to see some pics of your Austin either here or in British vehicles, thanks Paul

ive only just worked out how to take a picture with the wifes new camra

let alone put the picture on here, but you can look at it on the reme web site as it is there old sand colured one which i brought through pete gaine

graham

The gantry may well be in demand changing disiel engines.

Hi Graham,

Using a gantry to change engines is damned hard work. I used my friend's K6 Gantry to take out a Saracen engine, to renew the gearbox, as can be seen in this photo. Refitted it with a fork lift truck, much easier as it had side shift as well :)

Richard

using  K6 gantry.jpg

Nice to have you here Graham.

Looking forward to seeing your motors. Let us know what events you'll be at this year. We have a big gathering at Beltring planned.

MB

i will be going and will hopefully be parked near steves mack and 155mm howitzer in the americas field, won t be going until thurs so i will

unfortunately will miss british ride out:cry:

graham

Hi Graham,

Using a gantry to change engines is damned hard work. I used my friend's K6 Gantry to take out a Saracen engine, to renew the gearbox, as can be seen in this photo. Refitted it with a fork lift truck, much easier as it had side shift as well :)

Richard

hello richard, you cheat, but i know where your coming from i would have used a jcb telehandler

wot o bernard, if i had known i was going to be on the world wide web i would have taken my hands out of my pockets and put a clean t shirt on,

nice pan shot of the naked k6 she looks a lot better with her new worthing canvas on her

graham

wot o bernard, if i had known i was going to be on the world wide web i would have taken my hands out of my pockets and put a clean t shirt on,

nice pan shot of the naked k6 she looks a lot better with her new worthing canvas on her

graham

Smart K6 compensates for scruffy owner every time, see ya at W&P :-D

Good to have you hear Graham and thanks for the introduction - if you would like to move on now to the British section of the clubhouse as I think Richard has made a Sunday roast of British beef!!

Best wishes.

Jack.

Good to have you hear Graham and thanks for the introduction - if you would like to move on now to the British section of the clubhouse as I think Richard has made a Sunday roast of British beef!!

Best wishes.

Jack.

thanks jack ill bring the horseradish

graham

:) in that case, Graham,........I'll sort the yorkshires and parsnips.......

ps,..you SURE you don't want to sell your trailer........:cool2:

Andy

wot o andy,

i wont take you up on your kind offer thanks, i just brought it along to show you that you did t have to buy a girlie m c to have more space :yay: regards graham