Timber yard to be cleared

Great War truck

I posted this new thread a moment ago but it seems to have dissapeared. I thought that i should have another go, so here it is.

Tony received a phone message to say that a local timber yard is to be cleared and that a WW1 truck chassis and a Jeep are to be scrapped. he went over today to have a look and found that the Jeep was a Series 1 Land rover (beyond redemption) and the chassis is much later, probably a Matador that looked like this:

DSCN7615.jpg

DSCN7614.jpg

DSCN7612.jpg

Not much of it left unless you need an axle.

Tim (too)

Tim,

A lot of features on this chassis of a "Commer cab" Ford, the post war 2E, 3E or 4E. The front hubs look like Ford WOT6, but must be same parts used on the 2E. The rear brake cyls, track rod, springs and hangers are all 2E style, not sure about the transfer box though.

I am going for a Ford 2/3/4E, if it has a winch, then it is a 4E 4x4 3 tonner.

Tim,

A lot of features on this chassis of a "Commer cab" Ford, the post war 2E, 3E or 4E. The front hubs look like Ford WOT6, but must be same parts used on the 2E. The rear brake cyls, track rod, springs and hangers are all 2E style, not sure about the transfer box though.

I am going for a Ford 2/3/4E, if it has a winch, then it is a 4E 4x4 3 tonner.

If anyone is wondering what a "Commer Cab" Fordson looks like, this is one here. (But not at the same location)

sc0010776f.jpg

If anyone is wondering what a "Commer Cab" Fordson looks like, this is one here. (But not at the same location)

sc0010776f.jpg

That is not "Commer cabbed Fordson", it is Rosebay Willowherb. Oh, by the way, there is an interesting old mv behind it :whistle:

If anyone hasnt seen N.O.S. in the flesh here is a photo recently taken at the last MV show he attended.....

untitled.jpg

Perhaps he could confirm this, but I believe he is a member of the re-enactment group the Titchmarsh Warriors, they meet every full moon under the big spotty toadstool behind the HMVF clubhouse...

Yeah, creating their own mushroom cloud after too many slug ales. Maybe we need to get Frodo and Bilbo on board to start a whole new branch. We've got a gnome in our garden, he's dressed as an Arsenal player and I think the foxes pee on him. Hey ho!

I understand that the owner believes that it used to have a Ford engine.

Tim,

If the chassis had a Matador transfer box fitted, there is all probability that it had a bigger engine in it, pity there was not a better pic of the engine bay, to see if it had been altered. A Ford 6D might have been a possibility.

Just a little bit hazy about it all as it was his deceased father's - but he did say he thought 6 cylinders. I guess we shall never know for sure.

Thanks, I was just trying to make a connection with it having been a "Commer Cab" Fordson which would have had a V8.