We thought we had found an Autocar :(

Jack

Snowtracdave and I thought we had found the perfect Autocar - that need restoration and came with a trailer unit.........but it has turned out to be a Federal 94x43 :argh:

The hunt continues.

What's wrong with a Federal Jack? They were very similar.

Good question - not too sure on the spare situation Degsy to be honest and the Autocar is hell of lot more uglier!

'did you like that?' :-D

Hope you are well.

Jack.

Mine's the 5- to 6-ton U-8144 K-31 Radio wagon. It's technically very similar to the U-8144-T pontoon tractor but with a longer chassis. All had winches (although there is debate about the radio wagons) and are on 12.00 x 20 tyres.

You're looking for the 5-tonne U-7144-T which is on 9.00 x 20 tyres. It has a shorter chassis and did not have a winch.

- Mike

ps. have you got the Tankograd book on these?

• 6 months later...
Snowtracdave and I thought we had found the perfect Autocar - that need restoration and came with a trailer unit.........but it has turned out to be a Federal 94x43 :argh:

The hunt continues.

The price has gone up! The Federal has now gone up by £2000 to £6,500:sweat:

• 1 month later...
They are still out there to be found. Good luck in your search. Here's me with the Autocar grin after unloading (it goes along with the WLF and MUTT grins :-D)

- Mike

P4290074.jpg

What are the chances of getting this 'mighty wagon' completed for the next Operation Bolero event in the summer of 2010 Mike??

We would even allow you to lead the convoy in that beauty, as long as Degsy doesn't mind being second!