Whats The Last Thing You Expect To See On A Roundabout?

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How about Spitfire Roundabout, Chester Road Birmingham?

As a memorial to the 11,780 Spitfires built nearby stands at what used to be the entrance to Castle Bromwich aerodrome.

Designed by Tim, nephew of J R R, Tolkien, it was unveiled former test pilot Alex Henshaw in November 2000.

Spitfire roundabout.jpg

:thanx:Great stuff,bloomin marvelous,was that sky a coincidence,and the light rays.the spirits must of been smiling down on you.i wondered where they went.

What a waste of money, surely they could have come up with something better, do people recognise the spitfire in this day and age. ?????

More concrete sheep for Mark please:rofl:

OK what you got in Kent apart from hops.

Have to admit I didn't take pic but that roundabout is now a well known roundabout & a large number of people from the area are familiar with spittys.

when people ask for directions and reply its straight over Spitfire island or left etc. its far more memorable than straight over the first bland roundabout...

int010929.jpg

Whats your understanding of this one.Now thats a waste of Money,was that a big cheer i heard from the members or my battery in my hearing aid pegging out,

I bet the soapdodging t...er who designed that laughed all the way to his local drug dealer.:-D

Have to admit I didn't take pic but that roundabout is now a well known roundabout & a large number of people from the area are familiar with spittys.

when people ask for directions and reply its straight over Spitfire island or left etc. its far more memorable than straight over the first bland roundabout...

The fact its spits is ok.but the image just has the wow factor and doesnt need understanding.

int010929.jpg

Whats your understanding of this one.Now thats a waste of Money,was that a big cheer i heard from the members or my battery in my hearing aid pegging out,

I bet the soapdodging t...er who designed that laughed all the way to his local drug dealer.:-D

wot the ****** that?

Thats OK if you are a local 'ish person, but if an out of towney you might not recognise a spitfire for what it is, the wway they teach history nowadays it starts in the 80's, what chance do some kids have, a spitfire what's that a beer (Kent)

wot the ****** that?

its a flying spiral Chris.at crawley.looks more like a flying squirell leaving my garden at a rate of knots after its been shot up the backside,there all gods creatures she said,well let them f... up his garden,i said.

Here are the sheep...

ooijk.jpg

ooijkveraf.jpg

Why are the cars on the wrong side of the road:rofl:

marsan_stilt_manLandes-1.jpg

Another french one,the area its in was very marshy in earlier days and the shephards used stilts to get about

Might get some for Beltring in case it rains.

echassier_1905.jpg

Edited by catweazle (Banned Member)

Another french one,the area its in was very marshy in earlier days and the shephards used stilts to get about

Might get some for Beltring in case it rains.

Bit of a coincidence as when Beltring was full of hop gardens, men would have been seen using stilts to wire up the hop poles.

Bit of a coincidence as when Beltring was full of hop gardens, men would have been seen using stilts to wire up the hop poles.

Amazing got the link sraight away,to good for this place.:bow::bow::bow:

Smell of diesel calling,fitting repaired props tomorrow,Bugger forgot the grinding paste to lap them in.:-D