Computor has decided to go into silent mode :banghead: can not hear the Hercules, am now going outside to listen to my underpowerd leyland engined 981 :-(.

HI Alan

if your missing a good hercules knock as it starts, you must pop over to Macclesfield to

have a run in mine. Did you manage to get book in to Astle Park?

cheers

Maccdt

Steve

Ebay is funny though, very much dependant on who is browsing for an item as to how much is bid.

As the seller appeared to have a good knowledge of its history I doubt it would go for scrap. If it is a runner then I would say two and a half grand is a bit low. It is pretty much all there and looks fairly straight so I would say more nearer £4,000. However if you base it on scrap price alone, and I may be wrong, but I don’t think the final bid made the scrap value? FYI I paid just over £4,000 for mine three years ago and I think in terms of overall condition it was similar to this one.

In contrast the condition is also similar to the Red Ball 981 with which the owner wanted a wholly unrealistic £7k.

Hi Adrian, thanks for the message, it was very interesting, hope your T is coming on OK. incedently the prices of Corgi Diamond T's seem to be on the up, I'm attempting to get all the T's which I parted with some years ago, back.:writing::drive:

HI Alan

if your missing a good hercules knock as it starts, you must pop over to Macclesfield to

have a run in mine. Did you manage to get book in to Astle Park?

cheers

Maccdt

Steve

Hi Steve will get over to Macclesfield when i get a weekend off so i can get a good diesel fix:D

I have not entered Astle Park as i am driving the T to Pickering steam rally the week before :drive: and then at the end of August driving it down to Dorset :drive::drive::drive:i do have to be available for work in between at weekends.

Regards Alan.

Have you sorted the rolls yet ?

hi all, re the 12volt 24volt floor stater button, they are not all the same, for the diamond 980 and 981 ,inside the switch there are two flip up contacts, when depressed the first contact is 12volt for the flame thrower, and when fully depressed the second contact gives 24volt for the starter motor. you must remember these switches were used on a numer of other vehicles including macks which did not have the flame thrower, obviously because they were petrol. these switches all look the same from the outside but inside they are not. hope of interest ,tony g.

Thanks for posting the pictures.

Whilst I'm on has anyone a spare wheel rim for a 980/1? My spare is just a tyre. I am planning on going to the Hop Farm, we will be taking an RB44 Airport fire truck, do pop by for a mug of Tea. David

250520111015.jpg

Matt pointed me at this one on E-Bay;

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260801640412&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMESINDXX%3AIT

1939, Bureau of Indian affairs, so US Government but not military. If I had room for a Diamond T this is the one I'd have.

Adrian where did you get the plate? all mine are missing David.

Hi David. I got mine from Wildenbergs at W&P some years back. he had a good selection but do watch as some are poorly spelt. The overall quality is good though.

Cheers,

A

Hi David. I got mine from Wildenbergs at W&P some years back. he had a good selection but do watch as some are poorly spelt. The overall quality is good though.

Cheers,

A

Thanks, Adrian.

We are going to be at the Hop Farm from Tuesday keep an eye out for this.

Not bringing the T, We recon the cost to be £682.30 to get there. :-(

Oh and it's not ready yet. I'm trying to get it registered at the moment. It used to live in Durham. Some one up there must have come across it. I'd love to hear about that from any one. It seems to have been quite extensively worked upon. Shot blasted etc. We have most of the electrics sorted out now. No charge from the Dynamo though so that is coming off and we'll strip it to found out whats up. Now we realise that other circuits only work when there is a charge, we have tested those and they seem to work. Just acquired two 6 Volt batteries so we can now start to swap bulbs back to 6 Volts.

I realise this is actually a Gallery thread so here is a picture of my Dad. well actually I cant load the picture so I'll try another post.Cheers all David.

01112010672.jpg

Help please I am trying to upload a photo but nothing happens, the blue progress bar crosses the window of the uploader then stops. What have I done wrong? The RB 44 loaded yesterday but nothing since. Thanks David.

Aha I have halved the size, it was a small file as it is monochrome yet the dimensions were quite large.

So this is my dad in Egypt or Israel around 1946. Royal Engineers.

David

Diamond T soft top2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Rogers trailer ready for the off 871 Company RE 1945ish.

A Mack NM8 just behind

A 980 same depot out in the Middle East, another one of Fathers trucks.

There are a few more to scan in but not all DT's, quite a few macks and trailers. Should I post them any way? David. in Kent at the moment.

D7 on a Crane trailer.JPG

Diamond T 980.JPG

Edited by Peak1