Beautifull collection over there in Sweden Harper !

For my work as truckdriver I am a lot of times in Sweden

and don't see ww 2 trucks often.

Good to see there are T- fans over there too.

At the moment I am restoring a 981 myself, ex Belgium

with a Volvo engine. Not original engine of course but it

drives normal speed.[ATTACH=CONFIG]55131[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]55132[/ATTACH]

Hope my message and pictures comes over well; its my first.

Best wishes from Holland for all in 2012,

Klaas

That looks like a big restoration! Can you post more pictures, perhaps start your own restoration blog?

think its a T..........

Thats a new one on me the gear on the back is Holmes 45 as fitted to 969 T plus civilian conversion of secondary crane a Garwood winch the cab bonnet and front wings look like diamond T 969 it has obviously been fitted with larger tyres than standard. Even so the guys stood in the shot must have been vertically challenged. If you give me the ok i can send a copy of photo to a mate in the US who i feel sure could give me a lot of info on this vehicle

Would be nice to visit you sometime.

The man I bought it frome told me about the high speed because of the Volvo engine and Volvo gearbox, but I will test it myself when the truck is ready.

At the moment I am working on the cab I found to replace the not original one.

It is my fourth Diamond T restauration but I enjoy it like it was the first.

diam berlijn 027.jpg

Hi

Am looking for details of the DT Tank Transporter ramps shown in a couple of these great photographs. Or any more pictures of the transporters.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]37459[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]37458[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]37457[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]37456[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]37455[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]37454[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]37453[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]37452[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]37451[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]37450[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]37449[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]37448[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]37447[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]37446[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]37445[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]37444[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]37443[/ATTACH]

Sold the right T(B14) to Slovakia and the new owner is using her a lot. The other one

is in my own collection together with the T Wrecker. The 981 with Volvo engine I am planning to sell also, and another 981 is waiting

for restoration.

img00015.jpg

diamond wrecker 020.jpg

Edited by Joris

[ATTACH=CONFIG]55562[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]55563[/ATTACH]

a truckload of diamond t:s in the harbour of gothenburg, sweden august 2011.

Are these yours?, where did you get the from?

Good to see that they have gone to a good home, what did your wife say when you turned up with these?

What does BED LAST mean?:drive:

yes, they are mine. they came from somset. no problem with wife, i tell her i invest in diamonds. life is too short to have some wife to run your life and what you are interested of but you have to tell them from the beginning what kind of guy you are.

Are these yours?, where did you get the from?

Good to see that they have gone to a good home, what did your wife say when you turned up with these?

What does BED LAST mean?:drive:

its called jumbo trailer. we are alowed to have 24 meters truck-trailers also 2.60 wide. on cars and trucks older than 1976 we don need to have amber turnsignals front and rear. i put mine in the brake light bulb in the rear and in the blackoutlight in the front. i take uot the blackoutlens and replace it wit a clear glasslens.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]55584[/ATTACH]Lots of room on your Swedish trailer. When I am on

my way with two T's it just fits !

Thats a new one on me the gear on the back is Holmes 45 as fitted to 969 T plus civilian conversion of secondary crane a Garwood winch the cab bonnet and front wings look like diamond T 969 it has obviously been fitted with larger tyres than standard. Even so the guys stood in the shot must have been vertically challenged. If you give me the ok i can send a copy of photo to a mate in the US who i feel sure could give me a lot of info on this vehicle

Hi had a reply from my Mate The truck operated in Louisiana and was well known. It was indeed a modified 969 with Holmes W45 wrecking Gear. But putting those big wheels on has made it look completely different

diamond t2.JPG

This 980 has been dry stored for the last 25 years and was dug out of a corner and started last weekend. The guy that owns it wants the shed cleared and will be advertising it soon. Oil and filters were changed, new batteries and a fresh can of cherryaid and away she went, When the smoke cleared she ran beautifully sounds good and has good oil pressure. The temptation to take it out for a spin was too great, so several of us took the beastie out round the fields -- what fun! What a tiny cab -- I've never driven one before and was surprised to find I could touch both doors from the drivers seat. A bit different to my Scammell.

Does anyone have any production details or can give some info on the following please.

British Army post war registration 21 YZ 11 - chassis number 980 2090 - Base Repair 11/53, and stencilled under the bonnet on the offside is WBO 924730M

The engine is the original Hercules lump, so the british Army registration number surprised me as I thought they were upengined to Rolls Royce post war, so if anyone has any information I would be very interested please

Diamond T 2.jpg

Diamond T.jpg

This 980 has been dry stored for the last 25 years and was dug out of a corner and started last weekend. The guy that owns it wants the shed cleared and will be advertising it soon. Oil and filters were changed, new batteries and a fresh can of cherryaid and away she went, When the smoke cleared she ran beautifully sounds good and has good oil pressure. The temptation to take it out for a spin was too great, so several of us took the beastie out round the fields -- what fun! What a tiny cab -- I've never driven one before and was surprised to find I could touch both doors from the drivers seat. A bit different to my Scammell.

Does anyone have any production details or can give some info on the following please.

British Army post war registration 21 YZ 11 - chassis number 980 2090 - Base Repair 11/53, and stencilled under the bonnet on the offside is WBO 924730M

The engine is the original Hercules lump, so the british Army registration number surprised me as I thought they were upengined to Rolls Royce post war, so if anyone has any information I would be very interested please

Looks in good nick, apart from the oil leak coming from the back wheel, would like more info for the WW11 Diamond T Register, another T for Dorset I wonder, looking forward to more info regarding this T, good luck with it.

Regards dizzy-t:wow:

:drive:

i looks much better than my no 1 bought in gothenburg 2009. has

outside for 20 years, former italian. piicture of motor shows how it

looks like today. stripped & waiting for restauration, all sheetmetal

is sandblasted & painted, im just gonna finich no 5 first.

dt1.jpg

dt1-2.jpg

CIMG0800.JPG

CIMG0801.JPG

• 2 weeks later...