We was leaving for Weymouth last year, and we must of got a mile or so down the road, the gear box went on the Diamond T in the middle of the road. So we off loaded the Sherman and towed both the Diamond T and Roger's trailer back to Jim's farm. From there we decided that it would have to be looked at and changed some time, so why not now? Jim started to take the floor out the Diamond as me and my uncle went back to his to get a spare gear box he had. We took to box out the Diamond, striped the spear box and made a good one out of the two. We eventually left for Weymouth at 10 o'clock at night and drove for 7 and a half hours for the show. Here a few pictures.

003.jpg

004.jpg

009.jpg

013.jpg

005.jpg

012.jpg

006.jpg

008.jpg

dont shoot me down for saying this sure they a DTs look a bit like whites or corbitts or stirlings only going by front bumper louvres inside panels and area around windscreen although i only know 981 model. what ever fine looking pieces of kit

Edited by cosrec

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All

At last I have managed to download my film with the great help of my Son-in-Law. The Diamond had been in Bishops shed for 21 years after being pulled up on the M25 by the Police for going too slow towing their 60 ton concrete crusher. It took 18 months of constant telephone calls to negotiate a good price and then the deal was done. It has a new Hercules Diesel engine and i doubt it has done 500 miles, but i have had the heads off the engine and the timing was a mile out, but now shes running sweet without the aid of a sniff. The flame thrower works perfectly. I will post some pictures later of the restoration progress. I hope you enjoy the video - Part I & Part II.

Part 1

Part 2

Regards

Tony G