WW1 Helicopter

Rlangham

Alright chaps and chapettes - the what, where and why of this one - This isn't a doctored photo!

wdzdgouopq-20080417085117.jpg

The winner gets the pleasure of having me in the passenger seat of their MV (Or driving seat, depending how adventurous you're feeling)

Doctor Who did it decades ago. The Tardis landed in a field in the middle of the Great War. Through a bank of fog and it was the American Civil war. Through another bank ... and so on.

SPOILER

I just read one of Arthur C Clarke's last books, entitled Time's Eye. It starts off in 2037 with a UN helicopter being shot down in AFG by an RPG and as this is going on the sun jumps across the sky. The survivors of the crash are met by British infantry ... from 1885.

They set off to find out what's going on. The troops from 1885 know Lahore well; the aircrew from 2037 know Lahore was nuked 17 years earlier in a spat between India and Pakistan. When they get to Lahore, there is nothing there. No city, no glass-lined smoking hole, just virgin land. Eventually in their odyssey they meet up with Alexander the Great

A Russian spacecraft returning from the International Space Station lands

in Central Asia and the crew is met by Genghis Khan's army.

Confused? So was I (or is that Eye?). Currently attacking the second in the trilogy.

Indeed - it's the part of the movie where Biggles and his American friend go back in time with a stolen police helicopter (after escaping armed police), and destroy the secret German sound weapon! Great movie I thought, the aerial scenes were pretty good too

• 1 month later...
That movie is pure sick!, I love it!

It reminds me of the 1980 movie 'The Final Countdown' when F-14 Tomcats fight Japanese Zero planes.

I found an image of an AH-1 Cobra flying around 1549 Feudal Japan:-D

samurai_commando_b.jpg

http://www.lovehkfilm.com/panasia/samurai_commando_1549.htm

I've seen a similar Jap movie from the 70's or 80's called timeslip.

Could this be a remake/re-imagining?

• 1 month later...