Hi - from another Newbie

schweboo

Hi

I live in London and have been asked if I can track down the identity of a vehicle on a WWII wreck in the Red Sea. The wreck is a British freighter sunk waiting to go up the Suez canal. The wreck is full of trucks, jeeps and aircraft parts - and two vehicles that I have not been able to identify...

I do not have a HMV of my own. When I am not diving, I try to keep busy - flying and playing rugby - when I can get a free moment. I also have two children

Best regards

Chris

Hi

The wreck is a British freighter sunk waiting to go up the Suez canal. The wreck is full of trucks, jeeps and aircraft parts - and two vehicles that I have not been able to identify...

Chris

Welcome Chris,

is it a well known wreck? can you name it for maybe some one here has pictures or first hand evidence of the wreck and can answer your questions.

Ashley

Welcome Chris, there a number of us around London, so you'll always get a ride. The kids can be chained in the back. Catwezale will be happy to have a diver on board, and can you fish my bike out the hole some unsporting person dug at the club house entrance?.:-(

• 1 month later...
Welcome Chris,

is it a well known wreck? can you name it for maybe some one here has pictures or first hand evidence of the wreck and can answer your questions.

Ashley

The wreck is SS Thistlegorm:

http://www.schweboo.com/html/ss_thistlegorm.html

Above is a link to some pictures...and the now identified mystery vehicle

Best regards

Chris