There's no photos like snow photos!

Rlangham

• 2 weeks later...
Put that man on a CHARGE,........Sgt Major:...........Improperly Dressed;..........Top Button undone...............

Great Shots, Rlangham.

Andy

Ah, but that's so I can get my gas hood on quickly! (Although looking at the photos, I didn't have mine with me, oops) Luckily the wool didn't get too wet, I hate the smell of wet wool! Off to Belgium in a week for a large WWI living history event which should be fantastic (although not looking forward to the 6am four mile march to Tyne Cot Cemetery!)

Ah, but that's so I can get my gas hood on quickly! (Although looking at the photos, I didn't have mine with me, oops) Luckily the wool didn't get too wet, I hate the smell of wet wool! Off to Belgium in a week for a large WWI living history event which should be fantastic (although not looking forward to the 6am four mile march to Tyne Cot Cemetery!)

Last night I watched an old episode of QI on Dave (yes, for the non-digital people, there is a TV station called Dave). Stephen Fry asked, "Why does the House of Lords now not smell very slightly of wee"

The answer was, "The hereditary peers often wore tweed, whose manufacture involved strengthening by soaking in wee. When tweed gets wet, therefore, it gives off an aroma of wee."

Don't mind the smell,............stuff chaffs like billy O though,......and gets ruddy heavy.......:-(

Where else will you get stuff like this? A seemless drift from Mr Langham mucking around in the snow to peers smelling of wee? I'm still waiting for when CMV is guest publication on HIGNFY

Dave rules

M

If it's any consolation, in my last consultancy role prior to joining my current employers, the team demographic was a lot younger than I and, while there was a social life, I found the youngsters' subjects of conversation bo-o-oring. Having an incredible knack to change any conversation to a subject of my choosing, I was christened Tangent Man.

When somebody found his favourite topic disappearing over the horizon, I tended to get greeted with, "Turn right, Clyde." Right off on a tangent.