Humber PIG Pictures

13BK76

I was thinking of making a frame from scafolding that passes through the gate, then unbolt and reverse the pig off it with the gate still standing in the frame. then drive back up to it to refit.

Think it will work?

Probably not. The pitfall is the "then unbolt" concept. You've really got to get in there with grinders or a torch & all the scafolding will get in the way. Also having supported it like that is fine but you need to able to tell quite when you are cut through & you need to reverse the pig. .. Let alone the problem of the aligning the pig to the scaffolding & then making decent welds to make sure it really does stay put.

• Replies 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont want to cut anything off clive, i want to remove it with the rad grill aswell, so i can take off the rad clean and paint everything behind. Think it make life easyer with the gate out of the way.

Dont worry Andy i wont be in any position where it can flatten me.

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)
I dont want to cut anything off clive, i want to remove it with the rad grill aswell, so i can take off the rad clean and paint everything behind. Think it make life easyer with the gate out of the way.

Better still add wheels scaffold tower type.problem solved.

Adam if you are removing the lot to gain access to the rad then I think it will work ! Undo all the bolts bar two easy to reach ones take up the weight with a jack or two ! Undo last the last two and lower weight onto your frame ! Refitting as the Haynes manual would say is the reverse ! Good luck and let us know how it all pans out ! :-D

Ah sorry, totally misunderstood. I hate those rams & had a fixation about cutting them off!

Adam if you are removing the lot to gain access to the rad then I think it will work ! Undo all the bolts bar two easy to reach ones take up the weight with a jack or two ! Undo last the last two and lower weight onto your frame ! Refitting as the Haynes manual would say is the reverse ! Good luck and let us know how it all pans out ! :-D

Would you prefer flowers or grapes:rofl:

Just remembered i have a wickes trolly that i aquired. will modify that then it will all be mobile.

now your cooking.

I live just off sailsbury plain i know where most pigs are up there,i got a like new dash panel last time i went up. most of the bits are rusted badly but never thought about wipers at the time. I know i should'nt be up there but cant see all thoes bits go to waste.

Where can i get wiper arms and wipers from?

were they fitted to anyother mv's?

Try here, i found this in another thread only the other day, i am presently having problems keeping my screens clear, even with rain-x the bodged wiper adaption i made not working that well!

http://www.vintagemotorspares.com/phdi/p1.nsf/supppages/hodge?opendocument&part=8

You could always make friends with a Scamell Explorer owner. When i changed my pigs front end 9 years ago i was lucky enough to have access to a scammell. so a chain from one end off top pipe through the hook and to the other end of top pipe. and a bit of rope from bolt holes for engine covers up to hook and back to ram to stop it tilting back towards the rad.

As been said before refitting a reversal just used a jack to tilt one end up to line bolts.

Then the next day it was off for sand blasting. the wohle vehicle was done as i it was looking really bad. There was so much paint that the sand blaster's had to go over twice in places as one pass wouldnt shift it all. Counted 30+ layers on scab of paint.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Did you bend the origional barricade remover ? Did the holes all line up easily mate ! If yes I guess some sort of jig was used to mass produce the parts ! Keep the pics coming , always like to see restoration of pig pics ! Well done ! :-D

Yep i bent it!!

In the mud run at Weston Park the weekend Lady Di died (thats my alibi)

I could go up hill no problem even tho there was a drop into the trench

8.jpg

But i could not get back out going down hill as the ledge was just wrong for the front of a pig

6.jpg

Only way out was a tow. and even that weren't easy.

7.jpg

Ilost my temper a bit and took a run up hit mud run at 35mph ish and came to a dead stop on hitting the end. lost part of my rear lower flap and later on bust me gearbox so all in all an expensive weekend.

New nose went on dead easy did it on me own.

The only thing is while the old ram had the beer keg remover at sometime it also had 3 pieces of angle welded on the rear of the bottom 3 bars, one can be seen in my previous post in the pic of the nose hanging in air, anyone any ideas as i aint noticed this on any other set of bars?

Yes Clive i did take some pics but for various reasons they are packed away some where and i cant lay my hands on them at mo.