Scammell Explorer Gallery

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cant be certain but i believe one of those Explorers at Sarre is ex Norringtons garage that used to be on the A20 at Sellindge. I remember it being sold and heading that way when it broke down in the wood area of Stone Street heading for Canterbury i will find the photos and post them on here

cheers

Les

• 2 weeks later...

moved floyd to his temparery home this moring all went well have been working hard to get him mobile again these past few weeks now hes back starting on the button . air builds up and holds nicly and i have brakes which is allways good but still no cluch :argh:

011-5.jpg

hope andy didant get his hopes up expecting some 250 ton daf with more wheels on than the M25:-D but its was free so it did the job nicely

022-5.jpg

Now look young 6X6, have you been using elektrikery on my posts in order to show off? :shocked: I'm sure I never asked for that! No doubt you are correct though.

Sorry gritineye ! Just me up to mischief and thank you for your good natured response.

While I'm posting, may I also thank you for your advice regarding Scammell front hub seals. Replacing these seals is a job I've got coming up soon so reading through the various related posts, many of them yours, has been very helpful indeed. When I pointed out to the previous owner of this lorry that oil was running out of the front hubs and onto the tyres he said, "good, that means there's still oil in there". You can imagine the mess awaiting me inside the brake drums.

I do think this kind of exchange of practical advice is the forum at it's very best. It's all very well having workshop manuals etc. but hearing the experience of someone who's actually done the job, and seeing colour 'photos, that's hard to beat. Thanks.

I have finally got around to going through my GDSF pictures. We had a very good week of it (monday to monday) split between vintage diggers, military and playpen (thanks again Mike, sorry to see your clutch didn't make it home) I bumped into a few people but missed Andy Fowler which is odd, as we seem to have a very similar set of pictures (see page 44). Andy missed one and I never got a picture of the Booths one so I believe that made 18.

Here goes with mine though.

35 BC 00

img1220xt0.jpg

7044, 35 BC 38

img1216rz7.jpg

7101, 35 BC 95

img1218ec4.jpg

7351, not sure if this chassis no was for Efnick or Lightning.

img1206xz9.jpg

img1208cg5.jpg

7353, this is the one that Andy missed.

img1160qv8.jpg

7356, 01 BD 89

img1204xf6.jpg

img1228iv9.jpg

img1236uw5.jpg

img1210iv7.jpg

7875, 91 BD 77

img1181gj3.jpg

7931, 92 BD 33