US airfield vehicles - images.

Rick W

Nice pics of the semi-unit Rick.

I would presume that the gasoline tanker is either being hauled by a Federal or Autocar tractor unit. Am in the throws of currently trying to obtain for a friend a semi trailer, single axle wooden bodied stake trailer. They make a really rare combination on the show circuits over here. Looks like a twin engined bobcat type, Lockeed Electra type aircraft poking its nose into the picture, but Jessie will know for sure.

Are these pics taken stateside or the `ETO?

1st small pic on right ??

Looks to be a British vehicle, but am unsure what, at the mo,....anyone. :dunno:

Not so sure - when enlarged, looks to be left hand drive, has Bud wheels on front, and cab/rad/chassis boxes suggest Mack or White, or White/Ruxtall, check out p.93 in Observer's F.V. Directory (Vanderveen) :dunno:

I don't mean Bud wheels, I mean those Spigot type foreign thingies

Just to let you guys know the little airfield tractor isn't a Clarkat it is a Clarktor 6 Mil 44 model.

The Clarkat was the smaller three wheeled tug mainly used on aircraft carriers.

P.S I have three Clarktors in varying states of completeness. Projects for the furture!!!

O.K Clive before you say it I'll be sixty before I have one running!! 8-)

Paul,

I stand corrected. I really like those small "tractors". They are hard to find here in Sweden. I know of only one, owned and restored by Thomas Terräng, a MV surplus dealer in Gothenburg. I think this vehicle was one of several hundred (!) sold in Italy in the 1960's or 70's.

As always,

Goran N