Be gentle with me boys..... girls, be rough.

GPWdriver

Hello folks

I have just taken the King's Shilling and joined this forum. I am the proud owner of a 1943 Ford GPW that is currently somewhat dismantled.

Take one perfectly serviceable vehicle and strip it down..... Seriously though, I need to renew the wiring and have a good look at her so after 3 years of ownership, the time was right.

Sadly, I'm in my late 30's, still got most of my own teeth and I am available in beige. I have a tolerant wife and kids. For fun, I like to issue instructions at high speed to aircraft and see what happens. For any of you pilots out there - sorry. :evil: when I'm not causing carnage in the skies over East Anglia, I can be found sleeping.

Regards

Bob

Morning Bob - welcome aboard and good to have you here, make yourself at home but keep your feet of the sofa and no smoking at the clubhouse dinner table......ok?

I have space for your Jeep in the WW2 Clubhouse carpark....just don't park to close to the post war guys - bit will go missing and will soon be on Ebay :whistle:

Thanks for the welcome chaps.

Sell the Jeep - I'd rather pawn the kids. If I had a big house with a field, then you would find a Matador parked in it, along with an Antar.

Bodge, I could descend to the clubhouse floor by sniffing the barmaid's apron......

My Jeep will be in British markings when I have finished taking-it-apart-to-put-it-back together-again. Does this count? I have security marked all the parts of my Jeep with a script"F". If you see any of these on Ebay, please buy them and post them to me. :whistle:

Bob

Thanks for the welcome chaps.

Sell the Jeep - I'd rather pawn the kids. If I had a big house with a field, then you would find a Matador parked in it, along with an Antar.

Bodge, I could descend to the clubhouse floor by sniffing the barmaid's apron......

My Jeep will be in British markings when I have finished taking-it-apart-to-put-it-back together-again. Does this count? I have security marked all the parts of my Jeep with a script"F". If you see any of these on Ebay, please buy them and post them to me. :whistle:

Bob

Yup, Mentioning the big 'M', lets you off the jeep ownership. :-D :-D

I wouldn't go ANYWHERE near the barmaids apron;..........it was last see being used by Tony, who was polishing his saddle with it............. :shake: :naughty:

Hi Bob,.........

Sell the jeep,.....Far to COMMON here......... :whistle: and buy something BRITISH; wwii of course.

All the best,

Andy

Sorry to hijack your thread Bob, but welcome all the same.

Andy, what constitutes British? What about a Chevy, ordered by the British military in 1938, manufactured in Canada in the same year, delivered to the UK in R/H drive, also in 1938, commandeered back by the Canadians in 1942, bought by the US Army in 1945, shipped back to the States in 1946, bought by a UK resident, as a wreck, in the mid nineties, restored from the ground up, and is now seen out and about on British roads?

width=500 height=375http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb48/savannahwitch/50266staffcar.jpg[/img]

Andy, what constitutes British? What about a Chevy, ordered by the British military in 1938, manufactured in Canada in the same year, delivered to the UK in R/H drive, also in 1938, commandeered back by the Canadians in 1942, bought by the US Army in 1945, shipped back to the States in 1946, bought by a UK resident, as a wreck, in the mid nineties, restored from the ground up, and is now seen out and about on British roads?

width=500 height=375http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb48/savannahwitch/50266staffcar.jpg[/img]

Don't think Andy is going to agree G Mayhem :whistle:

:-) Nice car, you've there.

Friend has one, as well; ....only with modern engine and running gear beneath body. :-D

Sure gets the spotty boy racers confused when it pulls away from them........... :whistle:

I'm only jesting re whatever military vehicle, 'floats yer boat',...........at the end of the day, the fact that said vehicle(s) have made it into preservation and are being enjoyed today, is the main thing. :-)

all the best,

Andy