Antwerp signposts as per wwii

LeeEnfield

Signposts in Belgium are not, I repeat, not the same as in the Netherlands! Since the Belgians left us they tried very hard not to be like us... ;)

Umm, how come then when I try out my few words of Flemish, like to be able to say at least hello and thank you, in certain parts of Belgium I get dirty looks and replies in Dutch? As for French , well I am supposed to be English so its tolerated. If even the Belgium's don't know how the place works, what chance have the rest of us? Still like both Belgium and Holland though. :-D Especially as you have the only airport where a naval battle was fought and , if not touching a raw nerve, the only naval fleet at sea captured by cavalry.

Andy , I'd suggest you look through the German propaganda pictures, they seem the best bet. The Allies seemed to busy to take pictures before 1944.

Aye, Tony;........that seems to be true; :roll:

So far, found pics of signs in France, Italy etc, but not anything Netherlands based, (except Arnhem.)