GS body construction info

Carruthers

First I need plans for the wooden frame and how is fitted on the chassise. Any pictures help me. I have any pictures of Austins K, but not details.
Hi Radek,Here is a photo of a newly restored Austin K2 RAF tender, I am pretty sure the body is the same as the K30. I do not know the owners name but he also has a K2 ambulance. Vehicle was at Military Odyessy event.

RAF K2 tender.jpg

Hi Richard,

many many thanks!!!!!

The K2/Y Ambulance bihind the GS K2 is owned by the same chap?

If yes, then it isn´t problem for me kontact him trought K2/Y register.

http://www.tech-designz.com/k2ambulance/K2%20Register.pdf

Many thanks, nice shot. Do you have any more pictures?

Radek

Edited by Radek

Richard, this the one of few pictures what I have, where is show how is fitted the spare wheal. I thing the best shot.

On my is fitted on the matal cab and make it problems.

I have to contact the owner!!!

It looks like the K2 changed the owner and have gone nice restoration.

ak3a.jpg

It looks like the K2 changed the owner and have gone nice restoration.

Radek,

The K2 in my photos is a different one to your picture, that one is, I am certain, one that was on the island of Jersey ( you can see the Jersey reg number) and I recollect riding around the island in it back in 1987. The blue K2 had a information board in the window, and the photo of it before restoration shows that it would not have been in preservation before.

Spoke to Denis Le Jeune who is afont of knowledge about the Occupation and after. There wasa mixed batch of fifty ex military austins shipped to the Islands tenty five to Gueruenesy twenty five to Jersey. they worked for many years and then were scrapped or abandoned. The only one to survive in Jersey was a K3 , that Denis restored, but that is now back in UK. Apparently the only 'civillianisation' they got was a coat of paint. There is a K2 ambulance over there.

Save0161.JPG

Edited by Tony B

The only one to survive in Jersey was a K3 , that Denis restored, but that is now back in UK. Apparently the only 'civillianisation' they got was a coat of paint. There is a K2 ambulance over there.

Tony,

So you do not remember the K2 GS truck owned by a young couple called Nick and Sarah on Jersey, in the 1980's ? They brought it over to the MVT D-Day shows at Southsea several times. I rode in it on a small Jersey tour back then, and was taken to see Denis's K3, then under restoration. I know Graham, and his K2 ambulance. Will have to find a photo of this K2 truck, as I suspect your memory is going :confused: