Is it that time already?

Pinkie

:shocking:

Hi there! I was directed here by a friend who thinks that I could have quite alot of fun reading things on this forum!

My name is Lynn, I work with the Dublin based DUKW company as a Tour Guide. So lo! I have little knowledge of DUKW 'innards' - I just know a bit about their history, picked up from various sources, and I have a ton of affection for them. :banana:

I'm 24. Engaged to a US Marine ( I swear it is love and not just the whole military thing ). Irish. I like a good cup of tea anytime of the day... - Ehm, what else can I tell you?

Oh! I take ALOT of photographs and have over 1,000 photos of the Dublin Dukws. Unfortunately I have been foiled in every attempt to see DUKW's elsewhere in the world - the gods collude against me in that respect. But I do intend on seeing DUKW's somewhere soon and shall take a zillion and three photos of them too.

So that's about it for now.

HI!

Hello Lynn and welcome to the Friendlest Forum on Military Vehicles on the WWW. All one needs to enjoy this group is a interest in things generally O.D. the knowledge will come from sharing bits and pieces of information between the members just ask a question and step back ! Mind the various enclosures about the Club house ground as we have a number of Ferrets , Fox's , pole cats , Hippos and a growing number of bikes .

Hi Lynn,

My dad instructed on Dukws in latter part of last war, and has (obviously)retained an affection for them,.(esp if he's not paying for the fuel. :whistle:)

They are a special vehicle,...............and have STILL not been replaced by anything better, as they are still being used at Instow.

Welcome to the friendliest forum on the net, (that I know of :-D)

Enjoy your stay(s)

Andy

Welcome Lynn, :-D Please post pictures of DUKWs I grew up around them in Jersey, used to go from St Helier warterfront out to Elizebeth castle. Now long since gone unfortunatley and replaced by modern kit. No prejudice here, everyone here gets mickey taken out of them. Club house cleaning roster will be forwarded later. :wave:

Oh boy - someone asking me to post pictures! Hehe - I think they call that a can of worms. More than happy to do so. Might stick them up in the gallery or I'll poke around and look for a section of the forum to do so.

We have 7 dukws here in Dublin - 6 are 'tour dukws' and we have one that's not been altered, just left with the military look.

And club house cleaning roster? What that?

EDIT: Yep, I just posted 4 photos in the gallery. Will add more tomorrow. Right now, I must to sleep! :schocked:

Thats a very nice DUKW :tup: All lot of work must have gone in to making it as complete as that one is ...Its rare to see one with its canvas installed ! you can post the other photo's under the section for American vehicles then you dont have a limit on how many .

Welcome to the forum. Great to find somebody else trigger happy with a camera!! Since you're into all things DUKW, here's a few pics I got over the last couple of years. One DUKW appeared at the Debach Airfield open day in Suffolk in 2005. The other was at the Yorkshire MVT event this year at the Yorkshire Air Museum. Also seen at this event are some DUKW-lings!!

Steve

Welcome Lynn, :-D Please post pictures of DUKWs I grew up around them in Jersey, used to go from St Helier waterfront out to Elizabeth castle. Now long since gone unfortunately and replaced by modern kit.

Makes me very sad to hear that Tony . When I got married a (different) lifetime ago we went to Jersey on our honeymoon and going over to Elizabeth on the DUKW is one of many fond memories I have of that time . Never managed to go back always promised myself I will one day .

Whats the L/R one; ??...I know they did do a floating one, that had large floats strapped to it, but this one ??.................Or is it just a amphib mock up ??

Andy.

It does work. Here's a few more pics and details - http://www.wheelsandwings.co.uk/ymvt/members/tait_amphib.htm

Steve