German Surrender agreement to Montgomery for sale

Nick Johns

I would have thought the original would have been kept in some government vault!

Actually, I think the Imperial War Museum has it, as they were doing photo reproductions of it once. I know they also have the 'piece of paper' signed by Hitler and Chamberlin in 1938.

This isn't the Montgomery document which is owned by the IWM if memory serves - that document was for German army and naval forces in northern Germany, the Netherlands and Scandinavia and was signed by Colonel-General Kinzl and his staff at Luneberg Heath, . The document shown is the formal surrender document of all German forces in the west from Rheims on May 7th - It is signed by Jodl and Walter Bedell-Smith.

That guy cannot be called cheap! $3500 for a German paratrooper smock..

The price cannot gaurentee authenticity, a good friend of mine and also a collector of Fallschirmjager smocks helmets insignia etc once paid nearly £10,000 for a smock and had to wait several years and beat off stiff competition to to seal the deal on the item :schocked: :schocked:

Ashley