MARKS JEEP

Mark

Hi All

Just a few pictures of the stage that I am at at the moment, the first one is what it used to be like this season, and the rest are where i am at the moment, I will try to keep upto date as and when I get to another stage that seems right to post.

th_MyJeep001.jpg

th_mOUSE001.jpg

th_mOUSE002.jpg

th_mOUSE006.jpg

th_mOUSE007.jpg

th_mOUSE009.jpg

th_D430.jpg

th_Number410.jpg

th_CHASSISFRONT.jpg

th_FROMREAR.jpg

th_CHASSISREAR.jpg

Ok next stage, I have had the engine stripped down and was expecting the worst, BUT it was found to be in good condition :D all I have had to purchase was a new set of rings as the oil ring and its pressure? ring behind it was very,very worn, hence why i was burning so much oil, the pistons are standard even after all this time, and the liners are not even scored. They are going to hone the bores, fit the new rings and replace the obligatory broken manifold stud. The tappets will be set as instead of the 10 or so thou clearance there was approximately 1.5 millimetres gap, hence why we thought it was a diesel, never got around to adjusting them because I had no gaskets at the time. I will try and get some pictures of the engine in bits and post them.

Here we go have taken pictures this morning before they rebuild the engine.

CLEANED UP HEAD

th_HEAD1.jpg

HEAD FROM THE SPARK PLUG SIDE

th_HEAD2.jpg

INLET VALVES HAVE ALL BEEN LAPPED

th_INLETVALVES.jpg

THE BORES HAVE BEEN HONED (LOVELY JOB)

th_LAPPEDVALVES.jpg

VIEW OF THE CAMSHAFT NOTE THE WELD ON THE BOLTS HOLDING THE WEIGHT ON SUPPOSE THEY DID NOT HAVE LOCTITE IN THEM DAYS

th_CAMSHAFT.jpg

th_CAMSHAFT2.jpg

CASTING NUMBER ON THE BLOCK

th_CASTNUMER2.jpg

OIL PUMP VIEW THIS HAS BEEN STRIPPED AND ALL NEW SEALS PUT IN

th_OILPUMP.jpg

ORIGINAL PISTONS WITH THEIR BRAND NEW RINGS FITTED

th_PISTONS.jpg

AND THE DISTRIBUTER

th_DISTRIBUTER.jpg

Hopefully after the holidays it will be back together so I will have to get my finger out and get the rest done.

Mark

• 1 year later...

Well its been well over a year now and I have just put my engine back in the jeep, hooray I tell my back it was worth it.

Its been a long time due to work etc, but I now have a point where I can get going again and hopefully get it up and running in time for War and Peace if not before, all the best plans etc.

Next job is getting all the bits back on the engine, making a wiring loom and doing the body and....................................sod it off for a beer.

More to come :-D

• 2 weeks later...

Well as before the engine is back in and I have now bolted it up properly new bolts etc. and given it a coat of paint, I have done it in black as this was the original colour according to my information.

width=160 height=120http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b114/MEasterby-Wood/Jeep%20Restoration1/th_CIMG0285.jpg[/img]

width=160 height=120http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b114/MEasterby-Wood/Jeep%20Restoration1/th_CIMG0284.jpg[/img]

width=160 height=120http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b114/MEasterby-Wood/Jeep%20Restoration1/th_CIMG0283.jpg[/img]

But if it isn't I still like it, probably not to everyone's taste but you don't see it much anyway.

Now I have to start putting all the bits back on.

• 2 years later...