Austin 8AP military tourer 8hp

Radek

Hi,

this is Austin Seven, military tourer, pre ww2. Many this cars was used in american army.

http://www.classicheads.com/Austin_7.html

http://www.a7ca.org/austin_seven_cars.htm

Radek

That looks like the earlier Morris 8. The census number on the door looks like M33163, if so, then it confirms it.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Tony,

it was easy. The first development of Jeep was Bantam company. His name before 1937 was American Austin co., the branch of Austin in UK. First American Austins was Austin 7. :-)

I can tell, my brothers jeep trailer, Bantam, is Austin trailer. :-D and his Ford GPW is licence of Austin car. :-D :-D :-D

Radek

Hi Nigel, the Famous Austin associated with Jersey is the Ruby, driven by John Nettles in Bergerac. He should have bought a map because he never seemed to go anywhere by the obvious route. :dunno:

Don't remember him driving a Ruby in the TV series, it was always a postwar Triumph Roadster. Or do you mean he personally has a Ruby?

I don't understand Tony if your that sick and you were to shoot yourself ....very odd by its self ........ then you would be sick and suffering from a gun shot wound. Better to take lots of liquids , rest do a bit of reading and a couple of dvd's until the ills that afflict you have decided your so sick even they get tired and find a new host !

I don't understand Tony if your that sick and you were to shoot yourself ....very odd by its self ........ then you would be sick and suffering from a gun shot wound. Better to take lots of liquids , rest do a bit of reading and a couple of dvd's until the ills that afflict you have decided your so sick even they get tired and find a new host !

Touch wood Abn it seems to wearing off.

definately an austin 8 tourer I have seen it parked in the public car park in St Ouens bay to the right of the woolen mills car park facing the sea,it is ppainted matt black but is otherwise very tidy and that is correct about Bergeracs car being a Triumph roadster ,last time I saw it was on display at the goldsmiths in lion park.

Forget the cough medicine ,stick to a good strong hot toddy

merry christmas all

Nigel

This one? The picture is from Tilly register.

Radek

definately an austin 8 tourer I have seen it parked in the public car park in St Ouens bay to the right of the woolen mills car park facing the sea,it is ppainted matt black but is otherwise very tidy and that is correct about Bergeracs car being a Triumph roadster ,last time I saw it was on display at the goldsmiths in lion park.

merry christmas all

Nigel

Thats an English registration. Jersey would be J follwed by numbers. Guernsey is all numbers. I don't remember one over there but with Millionaires tuppence a dozen there are a lot of classic over there. One of the best is a 1912 Chevrolet once owned by the Shah of Iran, now owned by the guy who designed the Workmate.

• 2 weeks later...

merry christmas all

Nigel

going back to Jersey for liberation day in may so will ask around re the austin and make sure I was not dreaming

Nigel