Advice on repairing / replacing this insulator on M45 Maxson Quad.

Chris Hall

As there’s some very knowledgeable chaps on here that have done some unbelievable repairs / builds, I’m after some advice on repairing / making a replacement for this insulator.

It insulates the 12V+ from the Briggs and Stratton Power Charger to the negative chassis of the mount. It looks to a phenolic material but I’m no expert. 

The chances of finding a replacement are slim so I need to repair this one or make a new one. I have a mill so could easily make one if phenolic material can be milled?

Has anyone had to mill this material before and if so, any advice? And any ideas of where to buy a small lump that doesn’t cost an arm and a leg?

85A6F091-F1E5-4402-AC92-945E289BB7EC.jpeg

AFF21C93-1DFF-4B72-A6D9-47AA399144F1.jpeg

There’s a bolt head that sits in there and stops it rotating as you tighten/loosen a wing nut on the end. It’s for the attaching of a positive cable from a generator so this acts as the insulator against the negative chassis. A forum member is kindly donating a piece that I can mill to the correct shape.