LED lights will fail new MOT rules

44 minutes ago, Hair Bear said:

I noticed recently some new vehicles with twin dipped beam lights notably Merc and BMW. I thought twin dipped weren't allowed?

German car makers are allowed to do what they like. Who decided to allow VW to fit LED strip lights along the bonnet edge ? It's almost impossible to shut them out of the field of vision. The same VW that hides indicators in the middle of a circular stop lamp.

14 hours ago, Hair Bear said:

I noticed recently some new vehicles with twin dipped beam lights notably Merc and BMW. I thought twin dipped weren't allowed?

I looked into that a few years ago when I owned a S26 Scammell and wanted to do the same as all four head lamps used H4 twin filament bulbs. It was definitely illegal then.

19 hours ago, Richard Farrant said:

And who was the idiot who allowed car makers to put the front indicators in with the headlights? Very difficult to see them when headlights are on, which is most of the time nowadays. Its all about image and styling ...... ?1?

The greater idiot being the originator of what is now called the front  'bumper'  common to many cars - in fact it is the entire front of the car complete with all lighting & a PITA to remove/fit.

• Like 1