steviem new jeep

Jerry Jeep

Made a start of my Fury prop, fibreglass lid, battered German mask, polystyrene head, all quite light in weight,  need to put some lenses in , age it and secure together also may put a 3d printed filter on, should look pretty mean on the MB20240704_171503.thumb.jpg.2934fcea02ff68418909ddb648c4e0ee.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I have a German helmet on the Dodgé spare wheel for the last 20-25 years.

I call it Wilhelm (pronounces in German), realising later that sounds like Wheel helm in English..

Edited by Enigma
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Another quick one folks which engine oil are you using   seen a lot of discussions about this   mine currently has 20/50 which some people detest and others find ok  be interesting to hear what you all use and why

Honestly, I would leave the can just like that. It's original only once, and with fresh paint it will just be one of many especially since you probably won't try to plug all the holes. It will give a nice contrast to the rest of the jeep ☺️

• Thanks 1

Wax, or bricks/masonry sealer if you have some. The rain will run right off it.

In fact, the bricks sealer was recommended to me by a jeep-friend, he sprayed it on his entire jeep and then it dries matte and completely invisible, and a year later the rain still collects in large droplets and runs off as if the jeep is freshly waxed. I'm in the process of doing a light restoration but when painting is completed I'll try this stuff myself, I already got a can from the local hardware store:

20240803_132515.thumb.jpg.63889e81d8af1320f852fae4cef75f9f.jpg

I'll take the body off the frame so I should be able to treat all nooks & crannies with it.

• Thanks 1

On 9/18/2024 at 12:26 PM, steviem said:

Brilliant,  i do actually have some floor sealant for ceramics I'll try a little of that. 

That should work fine, but I'd try a little bit on the bottom first; let it dry and see if anything happens to the paint or so, just in case ☺️

• Like 1