Bren carrier info needed......

LeeEnfield

Ok's.........

Look to have gained a Bren carrier, :-D :-D :-D, well use of..............

engine has been replaced by a 4 cyl ford 4D tractor lump, mated to orig gearbox;...........it all works OK.

Been told the brakes want relining,.................how difficult is this to do ??

(I appreciate its a tracked vehicle, so won't be as easy as wheeled, etc)

( I havn't had the chance to get behind the wheel,....yet, so don't know what their state is)

Ok's.........

Look to have gained a Bren carrier, :-D :-D :-D, well use of..............

engine has been replaced by a 4 cyl ford 4D tractor lump, mated to orig gearbox;...........it all works OK.

Andy,

I am begining to think I know where this is from :whistle: Your best bet is to sign on to MLU Forum, which is dedicated to British and Commonwealth vehicles. There is a special Carrier section with input from Canada, Australia, New Zealand, UK, Holland, etc. Anything you want to know, is answered there.

We just done the brakes on the bren, not to bad a job, tracks off (easy job with removable pin), shafts out, hubs off etc. The axle is pretty much the same as any trauck axle but with sprockets on them.

we didn't have the correct tool to hold the tracks togehter whilst removing the pin and to get them back together again, but got away with using a couple of ratchet straps. it took a few fiddly hours to get them adjusted correctly after but it seems ok (though we have not actually driven it yet!)

we did not get them relined but that should not be a problem as long as you know the original thickness, i usually use Kimber friction in Southampton to re line odd ball shoes, they can be a bit funny about removing the old linings if they dont k now what materials are in them, but i usually do that part for them.

Baz

Cheers Guys,...................only went out for a jolly with Bedford, today,........Bren carrier and Fox A/c, + well.................. :whistle:

Baz, thanks for brake lining details,..............I'm really hoping not to need to do them,..............will find out soon - ish. :-D :-D

Aye, Richard;........... ;-) thats why I've NOT said where. :-D

You lucky human being! Wheres the pics! Did you get it yourself or with others? Where did you find it from, it wasnt on Milweb thats for sure! :-o

Hi Rick, NO, will never be mine, ..............owned be a museum, looking to get more 'coverage', and useage that it gets at present.

TBH the idea of owning one, as tempting as it sounds,...............well, apart from the transportation hassles, ..............maybe's. :dunno:

just be nice to get it in public view,...........again.

are you looking for one, then ??

Andy

Always on the look-out! Saw one being transported on the back of a loe-loader near Stanstead last week pulling out of a junction. The other half threatened to pur a bucket of cold water over me. She doesnt understand....... :roll:

So I'd better NOT tell you where there MIGHT be one, then :evil: :evil: ;-)

(certainly NOT saying I know of one thats DEFINATLY for sale, you understand,........................before I get buried under replies. :whistle:)