Wanted - Wartime Commer

Rootes75

This is a long shot but you never know.

Our interest is in restoring Commers and Hillmans and preserving rare examples where we can. Totally a hobby on our part, no profit, we just love to preserve history.

My youngest is now showing a keen interest too, especially in militaria and wartime vehicles so I want to find a project that both of us can work on and to teach him the skills that I have learnt over the years and something that we can enjoy and be part of such a good scene.

Like I said, its a long shot but I am after a wartime Commer, of any type. Q4, Q2, would very much like a Commer Beetle or anything made by Commer.

Any restoration project considered no matter what condition.

Pm me if you have anything or know of anything.

Thanks,

Kevin.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/27/2020 at 7:34 PM, Rootes75 said:

This is a long shot but you never know.

Our interest is in restoring Commers and Hillmans and preserving rare examples where we can. Totally a hobby on our part, no profit, we just love to preserve history.

My youngest is now showing a keen interest too, especially in militaria and wartime vehicles so I want to find a project that both of us can work on and to teach him the skills that I have learnt over the years and something that we can enjoy and be part of such a good scene.

Like I said, its a long shot but I am after a wartime Commer, of any type. Q4, Q2, would very much like a Commer Beetle or anything made by Commer.

Any restoration project considered no matter what condition.

Pm me if you have anything or know of anything.

Thanks,

Kevin.

After a bit of thinking I would open my feild out slightly to incorporate the Humber Heavy Utility, I am quite taken by them now.

So, any wartime Commers or Humbers, any condition just let me know. A good home is waiting for the right vehicle.

Kevin

• 2 weeks later...

Just thought I would bump this one up, still on the look out Commer/ Hillman etc.

Interestingly I was chatting to a chap recently who has a 1939 Commer Superpoise tipper tucked away in a barn, its a civilian truck but imagine the work it would have done throughout the war.

Kevin.

• 2 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, Your Average Joe said:

I remember seeing a Commer in the yard at the Muckleburgh Collection last year. I couldn't say whether it's still for sale, but I don't think there was much interest in it.

Do you know what type and sort of age? Was it for sale from their collection or private?

Q4. They said it was 1940's, but I'm not sure if early or late, and it had a radio body fitted. The whole thing was quite a rust bucket, I think it was part of the collection, just left to rot away in the open air. I did have a picture of it, but I've perhaps since deleted it.

34 minutes ago, Richard Farrant said:

Not wartime but about 1949/50, a lovely Commer Q2 15cwt. These are ultra rare, they were supplied with the WW2 pattern 15cwt body, like the Bedford MW.

On Milweb currently   https://www.milweb.net/webvert/a4796/98834

I did see that one Richard, lovely little truck and like you say very rare.

• 1 month later...