amazing what you find when you have time

wally dugan

here is the project plans for the new museum that became the museum of army transport the BOVINGTON booklet is from 1971. As to my getting rid of the documents l will say this once l have spent a large part of my adult life collecting items mainly to do with British military vehicles l have done this twice once having to see that collection broken up and having to start  all over again and in some small way people have benefited from what was saved the things that l have destroyed are personal to me and have NO  interest to any one else. And l will continue to collect in fact just lately purchased a large number of 1960s - 2000 manuals of british military vehicle some l have already got.

mat.jpg

bov2.jpg

Edited by wally dugan
in my rush l forgot the attachments
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, wally dugan said:

while still sorting out these came to life a number of auction list's a list of VW 181 used by the british military in GERMANY  purchased on the BERLIN BUDGET erm's 48/52/53/55/57 XB SERIES O6/07/in the XG SERIES

sal.jpg

Lovely bit of history, all helps to explain the process from end to end of a vehicle's career in the military

What a fascinating collection you must have.  I liked the Bovington pamphlet - but I can top that with my three bought a while back (probably late 50s/early 60s) and, what is interesting to look at is the limited number of exhibits in the hall and how they were displayed (basically in simple rows.  And Tiger 181 was just another German tank in those days!

IMG_3871.thumb.JPEG.bfd2c9a2e338ddf29d515190b1160629.JPEGIMG_3872.thumb.JPEG.44e94b3f6863be106facb331cf5fe122.JPEGIMG_3873.thumb.JPEG.3b2e62c881f6bfea92d289b49279ee64.JPEG

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 10FM68 said:

What a fascinating collection you must have.  I liked the Bovington pamphlet - but I can top that with my three bought a while back (probably late 50s/early 60s) and, what is interesting to look at is the limited number of exhibits in the hall and how they were displayed (basically in simple rows.  And Tiger 181 was just another German tank in those days!

IMG_3871.thumb.JPEG.bfd2c9a2e338ddf29d515190b1160629.JPEGIMG_3872.thumb.JPEG.44e94b3f6863be106facb331cf5fe122.JPEGIMG_3873.thumb.JPEG.3b2e62c881f6bfea92d289b49279ee64.JPEG

Back in the days when you were allowed to climb on the tanks, and in some of them

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, wally dugan said:

I cannot claim to have pushed lolly sticks  in to vision ports at bovy but l can claim to have played on a quiet friday afternoon when nobody was about loved my time at bovy

Ah lolly sticks... I hope I didn't post any!  But, yes, Bovy has a special place in the hearts of anyone interested in our hobby.  And for other reasons too - it was just outside Bovy that I first saw a Morris Commercial Quad - still in use - with Dorset County Council and where I saw my first, very early (1967/68) Lightweight Land Rover.  I was very taken!

• Like 1