HUMBER PIG on Ebay

Simon Daymond

looks like it needs saving, been used as a limo, what p*sses me off is the fact that the owner quotes the insurance as being cheap (£100 -£150) so does that mean hes been carrying fare paying passengers illegally? i.e. patting himself on the back for buying a military vehicle, getting it insured on a cheap scheme as such, then carrying fare paying passengers? All totally illegal, and something that would completely bugger it up for us all if he were to have a serious accident with passengers aboard. Expect to see alot of these 'novelty' limos coming up for sale as the powers at large are finally getting their acts together and clamping down on limos, now ensuring that they are correctly licensed, insured and that the drivers have the correct license to drive them for hire & reward.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Humber-Pig-ex-Military-Army-Armoured-Vehicle_W0QQitemZ320160668740QQihZ011QQcategoryZ122309QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

It can run on "kerosene" & has a "4.6 litre" engine. So the seller doesn't know about B60s or perhaps it has something else under the bonnet?

I wanted to establish the history, so asked the seller if he had the military registration. The answer came back "Yes". So that seems on a parr with some of the feedback.

I see the starting bid has now increased by £500.

I asked him if he knew the mil reg & got the answer "Yes". Someone asked for it & he says he doesn't know where to look for it. But say it has loads of history from NI, surprising that it would still have the side lockers then.

The rear canopy sounds interesting. Could be a homemade fantasy job or possibly it was used as a Radio Station Type H, which was a DF system with two other pigs. That would be rare, I have a ex Type H pig but never seen another.

Intersting that he says was made in 1958, which may be true as FV1611 & FV1612 were made 1958-60. Most pig owners misdescribe the age of the pig as they give the age of the chassis when it was a GS Truck.

Q: very interested in the Pig - can you please tell me its army history OR can you tell me its army reg number. Would love to see pictures of the inside.

A: I honestly do not know wat to look for i just no that it has loads of history from ireland onwards i am taking more pics tomoz and wil post on ad thanx for interest

I did try Clive :dunno:

I asked again for the army reg - which he said he had and received this reply.

I'm sorry but for security reasons i've been advised NOT to pass this information on but to advise that this info IS available

- noveltylimos

Is this all rather dodgy or what :dunno:

So you have to buy it to find out if it has a legitimate history & if it is a legitimate vehicle? No, thanks.

I haven't signed into ebay for a couple of months. The only time I have done so recently was to ask this seller a question to get a not very helpful answer. Within a day I find someone has been using my ID to contact other ebay users. My password has been cancelled by ebay & I have had to choose a new ID & password.

That seems strange, I'm not for one moment suggesting it has anything to do with this seller, but none the less it's a bit strange.

[quote

It can run on "kerosene" & has a "4.6 litre" engine. So the seller doesn't know about B60s or perhaps it has something else under the bonnet?

So not only has he been running it on the wrong cheap insurance carrying fare paying passengers, but he has been evading paying fuel tax by running it on kero!!

TheBigRedLimoCompany replied:

Nice to see some positive vetting going on before letting the general public loose in it.

Very noble that sellers of such vehicles are taking on this responsibility. Two things spring to mind.

It would be easy to tell a lie & if I was going to use it for bad things, I probably wouldn't say so, to get round the 'vetting'. Is the seller aware of this loophole?

Does this type of scrutiny now go on in the motor trade for would-be purchasers of a Jeep Cherokee?

Point of order, Limos in this country can only carry 7 passengers. Otherwise they become PC V's and require a PCV licence and emergency exits they just don't have. We have a blinged (I'm tempted to say B*****) up Hummer limo round Orpington, god its pug ugly and what a barge! Very entertaining watching it trying to go round corners.l

Point of order, Limos in this country can only carry 7 passengers. Otherwise they become PC V's and require a PCV licence and emergency exits they just don't have. We have a blinged (I'm tempted to say B*****) up Hummer limo round Orpington, god its pug ugly and what a barge! Very entertaining watching it trying to go round corners.l

theres one down around here,......................... :roll: I know what you mean; ;-)

over 8 seats limos will need to be driven as PCV's, under 8 seats they'll be licensed by their respective local authority, as a novelty taxi.

Change is very much afoot now to clamp down on these people who run limo's and the like.

I know that in Leeds, VOSA are now regularly to be seen inspecting limo's, novelty limo's (fire engines etc), and it's about time.