jeep scam

50 cal ( † RIP † )

beware possible jeep scam on ebay number 280154478692 its just like a ferret that was on a few days ago. thanks mark

Fantastic work Mark! A very important heads up!

I think HMVF should swing in to action some how seeing as this is a blatant scam - it is Demons Jeep!

Spread the word everyone to every forum you know.

I think that we should bombard the seller with inane questions. here was mine:

I am quite interested in this Jeep, but i see from the photo that it is left hand drive, do you think that it has been converted from right hand drive after the rebuild?

To funny - but you are right.

.....I will be back!

I think that we should bombard the seller with inane questions. here was mine:

I am quite interested in this Jeep, but i see from the photo that it is left hand drive, do you think that it has been converted from right hand drive after the rebuild?

Here's mine..

Give me a number to ring & I will meet & pay you cash..

Demon - do you think that your pictures were lifted from here - where else did you post them?

Hi Jack, the complete advert was has been copied from ebay. It's exactly the same other than the text font , the price (classified ad) and the last bit about the questions.

I've notified ebay, if everyone does it maybe they'll pull it.

I have had a response from the seller. I wonder who helped him with his English language

Hello,

The car is in excellent condition, no damage, never involved in any accidents, garage kept, clear HPI, full service history!

I am selling this car for £2200 including delivery anywhere in UK. I think this is a low price but i need cash for a family emergency. I have to tell you that I'm currently out of town with some major problems so pick up/view isn't an option. If you want to buy this vehicle email me back with your full name and address to start the official procedure trough eBay. They will send you a notification with ALL the info regarding delivery, purchase protection and refund policy so please provide your details before more questions. You will find 90% of answers in that notification from eBay!

Thank you!

- hester.daniel4

I shall ask him some more questions when i get back from work

Tim (too)

...and a reply to my question

Hello,

The car is in excellent condition, no damage, never involved in any accidents, garage kept, clear HPI, full service history!

I am selling this car for £2200 including delivery anywhere in UK. I think this is a low price but i need cash for a family emergency. I have to tell you that I'm currently out of town with some major problems so pick up/view isn't an option. If you want to buy this vehicle email me back with your full name and address to start the official procedure trough eBay. They will send you a notification with ALL the info regarding delivery, purchase protection and refund policy so please provide your details before more questions. You will find 90% of answers in that notification from eBay!

Thank you!

- hester.daniel4

Only trouble with answering these things is that it spreads your e mail to the Muppets. There was a piece on the radio today that a lot of top brands are going after E bay as they don't do enough to stop fakes being sold. I won't use it, had a very arrogant e mail from them telling me I would be blacklisted and never allowed to use thier service agin, the politest part of my answer was that my lifes to short to worry about it.

I've got a reply too - funnily enough it looks awfully familiar.....

Hello,

The car is in excellent condition, no damage, never involved in any accidents, garage kept, clear HPI !

Thank you!

So - fraud report filed with eBay.

This is too good to miss, so i have asked some more questions

Yes, i am very interested in buying that. What do i need to do next? When you say full service history does that go back to the date of manufacture. Also you refer to free HP. Is that the sauce that we are talking about.

many thanks

Norm

Tim (too) :evil:

This is too good to miss, so i have asked some more questions

Yes, i am very interested in buying that. What do i need to do next? When you say full service history does that go back to the date of manufacture. Also you refer to free HP. Is that the sauce that we are talking about.

many thanks

Norm

Tim (too) :evil:

Tim - you are too funny :rofl: :rofl:

I contacted the scammer and asked if the Jeep was an Original Hotchkiss or a Ford copy. Here is his reply.

Hello,

This is a genuine Hotchkiss

Thank you!