Mk VIII Torpedo Engine For Sale

SimonBrown

Having seen how popular the 8-cylinder torpedo engine restoration has proved, I thought I would offer a 4-cylinder example for sale here.

We think its a Mk VIII engine, a four cylinder two-stroke diesel example that appears to be complete. It has not been raised from the seabed and is in pretty good condition. Its possible its never been tested, let alone used.

I would add this to my collection, but a) SWMBI would start to question the sanity and b) its being sold to raise funds for an ongoing project. The project we are working on is the story of the stolen Hercules C-130 that crashed in the English Channel in 1969. Last year we found the crash site, so now its time to dive it and investigate...all proceeds go in the pot to cover boat diesel costs.

Its bronze and heavy thus attractive to the scrap man, but we would rather it go to a deserving home. We are open to offers on this example of superb engineering. Collection will be from either Weymouth or NE Hampshire.

Go on...you know you want it... 

SBrown-20190330-0150.jpg

SBrown-20190323-0010.jpg

SBrown-20190330-0148.jpg

Edited by SimonBrown
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Last call for brown envelope style offers before we put the torpedo engine on Fleabay...anyone mad enough to want one? Now is the time...

And we also have a Mk23 21" dummy warhead available:

SBrown-20190323-0019.jpg.6fbdf6ed6db5c71cd95d43345b7b7feb.jpg

We have no idea what is inside it, but its heavy. Open to offers before its disposed of. Just PM me.