Ex job..seeking Pig!

da bomb

I've already told Adam this but those following the thread may be interested.

05 BK 61 was a FV1611 ie APC so it would have had a single speed dynamo & quite possibly a winch ie a FV1611B. The absence of the ant mount on the rear offside confirms it was not FFR.

As a FV1601 chassis entered service 19/5/53

Chassis No. 20561

Engine No. 6507

Conversion to FV1611 1958-60

Struck off census 12/9/67

Sold at Ruddington 15/12/68

Sale No.94 Lot No.1337 for £60

Somewhere I have picture of it in MacGregor's yard circa 1985, when it was for sale for £1000 & it was described by someone then as needing a lot of work to it. But maybe that has been done. Although it did have remnants of side lockers. The only in service pictures I have seen of pigs in Cyprus are just sand/stone in colour. I have seen straight from Cyprus Saladin's in stone & green, but not a pig. They may have been multicoloured but bear in mind owners do like to make there vehicles stripy at the slightest excuse. If this was an in-service camo scheme, the darker bits would be more focused on the corners of the vehicle.

The front wings may not be original as I can see no evidence of front lockers & also look at the asymmetry of the side lights. Even if they were symmetrical both sides are in the wrong place. The rear lockers must have just rotted away as did the original front wings.