Munga talk...

Snapper

ours mate ..........
very nice! The spade looks like a swiss one? Not sure bout those leather straps, i have seen then secured by a rubber strap affair.......like to see some others for comparison....pictures and info are a little short on the ground.....!

you could try kemper mate ................
help needed !! Urgent!! I have to move my munga this coming week, its parked outside while i wait for my council garage, now i have to get it running to move it,council are doing the road up.....few problems.....main one...i have no connection between foot pedal and carb ,whats missing at the foot pedal end? How does the pedal connect up to the carb? I have a p/copy manual but no pics of this.....can anybody post an idiot diagram or photo of the parts so i can see what it should look like?......hope you can help......

thanks john thats a great help ! yes a photo would be good too! also do u have illus. of the way the carb sits on ,i have the metal base with the upright tube but it shows that a gasket has been fitted under it as well as on top...so whats the order it all fits together? > confused of london < cheers !!

I tried to take a photo of the linkage, but it's so far down on the bulkhead and below the coils that you can't really see it - sorry, I'm not about to start a strip-down right now!:-(

There appear to be three gaskets, one each side of an insulating plate below the fuel drain plate and one between that plate and the carb. All three have the same part number.

Hope this helps.

John

I tried to take a photo of the linkage, but it's so far down on the bulkhead and below the coils that you can't really see it - sorry, I'm not about to start a strip-down right now!:-(

There appear to be three gaskets, one each side of an insulating plate below the fuel drain plate and one between that plate and the carb. All three have the same part number.

Hope this helps.

John

thanks for the help and the info john,very helpful !!

Hope this helps.

John

john, whats the number of that parts book.....i need to get one ! ....any idea s ??

It's Spare Parts Catalogue 90/4, Auto Union Munga, published April 1967.

It covers Munga 4, 6 & 8 - very useful. I find that a comprehensive parts catalogue is often more use than a workshop manual, when it comes to showing what goes where.

I bought it on ebay a couple of years ago, can't remember exactly how much but it came from Germany.

Parts are named in English and German.

John

It's Spare Parts Catalogue 90/4, Auto Union Munga, published April 1967.

It covers Munga 4, 6 & 8 - very useful. I find that a comprehensive parts catalogue is often more use than a workshop manual, when it comes to showing what goes where.

I bought it on ebay a couple of years ago, can't remember exactly how much but it came from Germany.

Parts are named in English and German.

John

nice one john! thanks for the info, i will be searching now !!

Hi guys

Verstehen Sie deutsch? I have a couple of user handbooks (Betriebsanleitung) for the Munga in german. The first is dated February 1959 and only covers the Munga 4; the second is dated September 1967 and covers the 4, the 6 and the 8. They were given to me by a german officer when he learnt that I was interested in making a model of the Munga, but the information therein is not much use to me as a maker of rather small models. They may well be useful for the owner of a real one, but I emphasize that they are in german. However, things like circuit diagrams are fairly obvious.

Anyone interested? Say a couple of quid (each) to cover postage and packing and first come first served.

Chris

at last I got my age document from the Munga club in Germany...two of my cars were ex lord carringtons...only last year after nearly 50 years the DVLA decided they did not believe the age of them and wanted to tax them as 4x4's at 400 odd quid, not free. SO I had to get them aged, they have hounded me with letters and phone calls...its taken me over a year of emails and letters and hassle to get the age letter and I am looking forward to telling the DVLA where to stick it.

Its ridiculous that this department has so many draconian powers to annoy and iritiate. What they say goes and it is not right. They justify their jobs by intoducing yet more legislation to annoy iritate and force people to do ever more documentation knowing that by not doing it they can fine people...which they do regularly to increase revenue to justify their jobs, a circle of life for them alone...

whinge over DVLA

at last I got my age document from the Munga club in Germany...two of my cars were ex lord carringtons...only last year after nearly 50 years the DVLA decided they did not believe the age of them and wanted to tax them as 4x4's at 400 odd quid, not free. SO I had to get them aged, they have hounded me with letters and phone calls...its taken me over a year of emails and letters and hassle to get the age letter and I am looking forward to telling the DVLA where to stick it.

Its ridiculous that this department has so many draconian powers to annoy and iritiate. What they say goes and it is not right. They justify their jobs by intoducing yet more legislation to annoy iritate and force people to do ever more documentation knowing that by not doing it they can fine people...which they do regularly to increase revenue to justify their jobs, a circle of life for them alone...

whinge over DVLA

good for u for sticking with it ! dont seem like a good advert for the german munga club tho ??

whinge over DVLA

now youve had a small victory over the dvla, why dont u post sum pictures of your munga ?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...