Munga talk...

Snapper

• 4 weeks later...

I managed to do a bit on the Munga during the easter holiday, starter out (totaly seized) all working now and refitted and the engine now turns over!!!! I need to rig a jerrycan fuel tank ( original has large rust holes.. next job!!! along with fitting a second hand fuel mixing vane (mine was missing!!) then just have to charge the batteries and i will attempt to start the engine!!! anyway heres a few pics of the "old girl" i have also just aquired a nice rare airbourne kit for the Munga off of E-Bay , from a Munga F91/8 being broken up all the way out in Canada !!!! he had used it as spares for his restored an F91/4 airportable... very nice !!! (Just a bit too big to put in a parcel!!!) so i managed to get the parts for mine instead (the F91/8 airportable kit is different to the F91/4 so he had no use for it!!!!!!) the kit comprises of - T bar windscreen surround bolts, steering wheel nut, and the large centre bracket/harness for the parachute fixing ... heavy duty!!!!!! oh and a three gun weaponrack... but i think its a modified F91/4 one!!! will add more photos when i do a little more!!

417.jpg

414.jpg

You too m8...i'm hopeing to make mine a running restoration as i havent the time or space for a full stripdown !!! was going to attempt a run of the engine today ... but blizzard conditions here at the mo:cry: hows the engine rebuild going??

• 1 month later...

Guys,

does anyone have a spare Munga rear light unit they would sell? Any condition as long as it's complete, or a lead on where I could track an NOS unit down?

thanks!

Guys,

does anyone have a spare Munga rear light unit they would sell? Any condition as long as it's complete, or a lead on where I could track an NOS unit down?

thanks!

we made ours out of various parts , try Kemper mate ................

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The reason I asked about the paint is, I think there are two types of RAL 6014 early and late, I believe the early one is matt and late one is semi matt.... the two look completely different!! I think its the late type I fancy!!! my orig paint was Ral 7008 khaki but I've seen munga's done like this and its its not to my taste!!...... on another note..I've just removed the bottom front hub swivel from the left hand, and it looks tho some emergency combat driving has taken place.. with no wheel !!!!! as most of the bottom grease cap is worn away along with the bottom nut and the lower half of the lower pin!!!! any one got any replacements spare!!!??? or a complete hub/swivel assembly???

• 4 weeks later...

A couple of Munga questions (which possibly I should ask in the I Know I'm Stupid But... section ! ) . Were they fitted with a pioneer rack - not come across one with one fitted as yet but curious to know if they ever were , if they were pics please ! Secondly , in service what trailer would they have been paired up with if at all ?

• 2 weeks later...

Just came across this thread with interest.....my first MV many years ago (over 25) was a Munga - it was a real rarity back then......being young and very naive i restored and painted mine in Africa Corp markings and paint scheme -

Is it still around ? LSV 996

- It featured in a magazine article as i recall although i cant remeber the magazine !

It used to sing along quite happily and was a great / fun entry into the world of MV's !