1944 Morris C8 Truck, 15-cwt., 4X4 GS

Marc van Aalderen

Hello fellow collectors,

A couple of months ago I collected my latest purchase. A very straight and unmolested 1944 Morris C8, GS version. This is the early production model with a wood lined cab and a wooden cargo box. Her chassis number is 110 so a very early vehicle. She is in very good and almost complete condition but will require a lot of work nonetheless to get her perfect again. Out of curiosity I installed a battery and checked out her electrics. To my amazement everything works! Wiper, horn, lights, instruments and even the starter kicked in. Funny thing is the starter button should be next to the gear lever but is no longer there. Starter switch is now the former horn button on the steering column next to the hand throttle lever. An extra horn push button was installed forward of the steering column on the fire wall. Very odd but I seem to recall reading a members post on here where this was also the case on another 1944 C8. Could be a postwar modification?

Unfortunately the engine is seized so I have poored some ATF on the pistons to let it all soak. Hopefully this will free the engine. 

I have already found some spare parts for missing items or incorrect parts. Also bought the Maintenance manual and Instruction book No. 101/ML5A and the Driver's  Handbook No.100/ML5A from Rob van Meel.

There seems to be no source however for the Spare Parts List. Does anyone out there maybe have a copy of this rather elusive Spare Part List? Would be very gratefull...

Regards,

Marc

20180602_162141.jpg

20180602_162224.jpg

20180907_164132.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...