Is it a submarine? ... No, it's an OT64

Richard Farrant

I really do like the OT-64, but you think that it would be wise to do some testing before taking it for a swim. I think I'd start out with some shallow fording before working up to open water.

Terry,

Shallow fording would not show up a leak in rear or side doors, you would need to go in over the tyres to prove this. The boatyard would not have been very deep water, the River Nene is nothing like the Murray!

'Mr Moore thinks business will be harder after Brexit'

I can tell him that business would be much better if he ever replied to numerous serious enquiries about buying vehicles from him.........

Yup same, Have had better....well actual responses from the Czech peoples directly who are rumoured to be just as bad for getting info out of at times

Terry,

Shallow fording would not show up a leak in rear or side doors, you would need to go in over the tyres to prove this. The boatyard would not have been very deep water, the River Nene is nothing like the Murray!

Yeah, I'd probably try and test it in a dry-dock or something like that, where you can carefully control the water level.

Cheers,

Terry

Reminds of Wickstead at War a few years ago, similar vehicle dived into the lake. Had to be recovered by a near 70 year old Scammel. It just comes down to prep and owner's.

Yeah - that was my OT-90. :red:

Unlike this one though - mine did not actually sink! It lost traction on the silt at the bottom of the lake and wound up wedged on the bank. We thought it was floating but should have known better as the waterline was too low - then we found the deep part of the lake, the nose dipped suddenly and I hit the brakes which broke the grip the tracks had on the bottom - the rest as they say is history. :red: :red:

On the positive side the OT retained water integrity, we had no major leaks - a couple of minor ones that were expected but nothing the bilge pumps could not cope with.

Yeah - that was my OT-90. :red:

Unlike this one though - mine did not actually sink! It lost traction on the silt at the bottom of the lake and wound up wedged on the bank. We thought it was floating but should have known better as the waterline was too low - then we found the deep part of the lake, the nose dipped suddenly and I hit the brakes which broke the grip the tracks had on the bottom - the rest as they say is history. :red: :red:

On the positive side the OT retained water integrity, we had no major leaks - a couple of minor ones that were expected but nothing the bilge pumps could not cope with.

Remember it well, I offered help with the CET but they were not allowed to move any of the tracked vehicles in the park other than on low loaders.