Vehicle record

Chrisg

Question

20 answers to this question

Chris I have quite a number of listings of MOD abbreviations & acronyms but none give a straight answer. So piece by piece dissection is the only way until someone can give a straight answer. There are one or two on here who work in that line who may help out. In the meantime might I suggest:

LOG - Logistics

SVCS- SV often is Support Vehicle & must be referring to a type of depot in that there is also SVCS for example:

DEP SVCS THATHAM SUB DEPOT

JT SVCS INTERROGATION ORG

HQ ARMY MED SVCS TA RAMC TRG GP

CS - often means Combat Support

NESBS no idea but obviously the location of the depot

MAT PK (V) - Materiel Park (as in TA)

Edited by fv1609

Chris I have quite a number of listings of MOD abbreviations & acronyms but none give a straight answer. So piece by piece dissection is the only way until someone can give a straight answer. There are one or two on here who work in that line who may help out. In the meantime might I suggest:

LOG - Logistics

SVCS- SV often is Support Vehicle & must be referring to a type of depot in that there is also SVCS for example:

DEP SVCS THATHAM SUB DEPOT

JT SVCS INTERROGATION ORG

HQ ARMY MED SVCS TA RAMC TRG GP

CS - often means Combat Support

NESBS no idea but obviously the location of the depot

MAT PK (V) - Materiel Park (as in TA)

Hi Clive,

I am sure SVCS is 'Services'

regards,

Richard

Hi Clive,

I am sure SVCS is 'Services'

regards,

Richard

Sounds plausible Richard that seems rather large for an abbreviation. In official lists of abbreviations, anything that has Services in it is just represented with "S".

The other thing is that CS is now common to other places eg CVD Ashchurch is now JSCS Ashchurch. Which might be something like Joint Service Close/Combat Support? I thought there was an old thread along these lines, but I've not been able to find it.

Sounds plausible Richard that seems rather large for an abbreviation. In official lists of abbreviations, anything that has Services in it is just represented with "S".

The other thing is that CS is now common to other places eg CVD Ashchurch is now JSCS Ashchurch. Which might be something like Joint Service Close/Combat Support? I thought there was an old thread along these lines, but I've not been able to find it.

Clive,

Have a look at page 2 of this link;

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0ahUKEwj6zMGJ1dzMAhVClxQKHczTBT4QFggoMAA&url=https%3A%2F%2Fdata.gov.uk%2Fdata%2Fcontracts-finder-archive%2Fdownload%2F451978%2Fabf82b94-78f6-4e5d-a645-cd741c0ed303&usg=AFQjCNFHOTmFz1QezPGWiW4qkxfzj0K4SA

Hope it works...

JSCS is Joint Supply Chain Services, or should I say was - like NESBS it was one of the many different titles given to MoD Storage and Distribution sites following the various re-organisations that have taken place over recent years. The latest being LS (Logistic Services) or LCS (Logistic Commodity Services), although this may change following the privatisation of Storage and Distribution while no one was looking last year .

Richard's right - SVCS is Services. Though it's difficult to differentiate shortened words, abbreviations, acronyms etc when they all appear in capitals on a MERLIN Report.

Oh right. Just misled by JSCS, thinking the CS bit might have been the same as in SVCS. Richard, you & that Mr Google :D

Clive,

JSCS: Joint Supply Chain Services - Ashchurch

Edited by Richard Farrant
sorry, already mentioned on previous page

[TABLE=class: vertical1]

[TR]

[TD=class: L]UIN:

[/TD]

[TD=class: R]A6205K

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]