Seizure of 500 live weapons in UK

Chris Hall

Anyone seen this?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cer3LGG-ajw

it was in the daily mail, what a load of poop. The story and detective has lost all credability by stating all guns were live and 200,000 rounds of live ammo. There's not one round of ammo shown. Lots of cases and bullets but no rounds. Also the STEN Mk3 is clearly deactivated in one photo so I would guess that the majority are also deactivated. A firearms dealer was convicted on 20 counts for supplying prohibited weapons. So 20 out of 500 makes them all live.

Had the Police and the Daily Mail been truthful the story would have had credability but now it's just properganda!

Anyone seen this?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cer3LGG-ajw

it was in the daily mail, what a load of poop. The story and detective has lost all credability by stating all guns were live and 200,000 rounds of live ammo. There's not one round of ammo shown. Lots of cases and bullets but no rounds. Also the STEN Mk3 is clearly deactivated in one photo so I would guess that the majority are also deactivated. A firearms dealer was convicted on 20 counts for supplying prohibited weapons. So 20 out of 500 makes them all live.

Had the Police and the Daily Mail been truthful the story would have had credability but now it's just properganda!

Yes I saw this report

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/12164797/Parish-council-chairman-had-Britains-biggest-arsenal-of-illegal-weapons.html

The officer is holding a primed to go 66mm Law rocket ( upside down) I suspect its a deac. No evidence in the pictures of live ammunition only a box of spent cases with clearly a dummy grenade for dramatic effect.

Railway sleepers in garden probably for a range , if that's the case would not Sherlock Holmes have found a lot of lead in the range and must have made a lot of noise firing that lot.

If as I suspect the majority of these weapons have been deactivated not sure what the coach loads of terrorists would have done with them .

Sadly the gent who owned these weapons is no longer with us to defend himself.

Nothing like bending the facts to get a story and deceive the public . As stated now, just propaganda

I think it depends very much on the police officer you meet and possibly which force he or she belongs to. Certainly when my father died I consulted Police Scotland (ex Northern Constabulary) about the deactivated firearms that he held and the firearms officer I spoke to actually was kind and knowledgeable enough to point out that they were deactivated and lawful

Iain

I think it depends very much on the police officer you meet and possibly which force he or she belongs to. Certainly when my father died I consulted Police Scotland (ex Northern Constabulary) about the deactivated firearms that he held and the firearms officer I spoke to actually was kind and knowledgeable enough to point out that they were deactivated and lawful

Iain

You do find different standards between Police forces reguarding Firearms ownership and how there understanding of the laws on this subject which can be a help or not in some areas of the country.

Al

The secret room does suggest there were some suspicious activeties and I'm not defending the guy. It just annoys me that the story is hyped up by stating there was 200,000 rounds of ammo and every gun was live when blatantly that was incorrect and they will have known that. Had they stated he had 500 guns, 480 of which were deactivated and XX number were live prohibited then The story would have been credible.

The press story of a secret room only adds to their highlights of the story. I know of serious collectors who have their collection securely stored away, in a room with a concealed entrance. That is part of their security to protect their collection. Is it any different to some one having a secure room to store a collection of art, or stamps or some other valuable antique.

Some years ago, I read a story in the Daily Telegraph about an armoured jeep, artillery shells and stacks of bullets being found buried in Windsor. As I was Editor of 'Windscreen' at the time, I managed to get in touch with the Policeman mentioned. The truth was, a few rifle bullets had been found after a pond had been drained. I now view Media articles like this with a Very large pinch of salt.

What annoys me is sensationalism and miss reporting (nothing new there) .Also the the police are guilty of not being truth full of the facts , whilst I suspect some of the weapons were maybe illegal the rest were not .

So what happened to transparency and honesty in the reporting of alleged crimes . The report by the police officer was loaded with inaccuracies to frighten the public and to try to discredit legal firearm and deacc owners .

When I was young I was always told to trust a policeman and in the main I still do , but this incident does not help.