Help needed

jason1968

Dodge WC51 I have fitted new fuel pump new plugs leads points condenser cap rotor arm and gauze fuel filter and cleaned the carb out . When the engine has been running for an hour under load maybe less maybe more she will start to run rich and then cut out and will not restart whatever we try but once home and cooled down it will restart with ease then it may run for 4 hours and not do it at all interesting fault that we cannot get to the bottom of has anyone had this experience and or may know whats causing it please as its starting to become rather annoying not knowing if we will get to the shows or not any suggestions greatly appreciated

Have you put the heat shield back behind the fuel pump? Also 56. MANIFOLD HEAT CONTROL VALVE.

a.

The heat control valve plate located in the exhaust manifold

regulates the amount of hot exhaust gases bypassed around the

intake manifold. heat body. The valve plate is manually controlled.

Loosen locking plate cap screw and turn position of valve plate

according to season. Summer and winter positions are marked on

the locking plate (fig. 60).

Try a new coil.

I agree it could be the coil. my Ford GPW had the same symptoms and it was eventually traced to a coil breaking down when hot. However there are a lot of fuel problems arising from the ethanol in modern fuel, the motorcycle press have highlighted this for quite a while, with fuel lines failing, tanks that have had liners breaking up and taps leaking. Ethanol destroyed my WC52 fuel pump diaphragm in two weeks. Any fuel related items I replace now I specify "ethanol resistant". Awful stuff :mad: