Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I know this subject has been touched on many times , but thought it would be quicker asking , do I need any paperwork for a replica M1 , It has been in the garage 30 years ,and cant be made to fire .............(ally barrel I think ), looks the part in the holder .......

Link to post
Share on other sites

If it is a genuine replica NOT a deactivated weapon, I wouldn't think paperwork is needed, replica firearms sold today do not come with certificates, at least the ones I have bought new didn't anyway. A deactivated weapon should have the relevant certificates which you should carry with you if attending shows with the weapon on display. I have several replica weapons on my Jeep NONE have certificates, I bought them new and they never had any when purchased.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Short answer is No.


ONLY when you come to sell it. The current Law demands that the purchaser must have a 'Defence in Law' to buy it.

IE: Be a member of a Re-Enactment group, A Member of HM.Armed Forces, Or a representative of a Theatrical Agency for stage/ film work.


There is a little more to it, but that is the salient points you need to be aware of.


You require NO paperwork to hold this replica as your own property.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...